I have been abused, what should I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Where do you take a complaint after the ombudsman tells you that "We have decided that the Trust has provided you with reasonable responses... and have concluded that no further action by us is necessary."

I have been physically and verbally abused on six ocassions but no-one seems to care!!

I care enough to try and prevent it happening to others attending Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Trust.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was abused by a Health Care Assistant at Bournemouth Hospital and found it difficult to get a positive response to my complaint. When I went back in a couple of years later I mentioned it to a nurse who had been on the Ward. A few minutes later I was belittled by a member of the Management staff for daring to talk about it and made to feel worthless. After my husband took the matter up we finally got a begruging apology. The HCA had long since left the hospitals employ.
    • Posted

Thank you rowena 84136. I am 78 years of age and this is the first time that I have ever used the internet to air my problem. Also over the last three years is the only time that I have ever made an official complaint against the NHS. My reason for bringing my complaint into the open is basically that the normal person cannot get justice, as each section of the complaints procedure covers each others backs. The use of medical terms and procedures and long delays in answering  queries make life extraordinartely difficult for the complainant.
    • Posted

I agree with you about delays.   I attended Musgrove Park Hospital in taunton in 2008 re bariatric problems.  As a result of a diagnosis by a dietician I was refused funding for a revision and lay forgotten about for three years in the system, I have complained about both and found it blamed on procedures. Complaints should be investigated by an independant body not the Hospital in which the problem occurred. I am still living with the same bariatric problem!
  • Posted

If you have been abused and no-one is taking this up, then go to the press. Let then investigate it. You will soon get your opology!
    • Posted

Thank you mandy40337. I will certainly give going to the press some serious thought.

charles William

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.