I have been advised to post my results here. Analysis Needed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone analyse my results?

So I have had a 30-minute short synachten test, a 60-minute synachetn test, a 24h cortisol collection and numerous other tests done. On my recent SST I got weird results, we were originally investigating for addisons but tbh my doctors here are clueless about this sort of thing.

30 Minutes SST;

9 am ( 0 hour)

771 nmol/L

9:30 (30 minutes)

894 nmol/L

17OHP was also performed at the same time ( units in nmol/L);

9 am 4.2

30 minutes 5.1

60 minutes 5.1

The consultant said all is good ( even though lab thought results were abnormal ) since they use 450 nmo/L as cut off. Thing is my level at 0 minutes already excluded this. Shouldn't there be some range of minimal increase from the baseline to 30 minutes?

This is my 60-minute sst done earlier this year:

BASAL       30 MINS      60 MINS

558 nmol/L 786 nmol/L 839 nmol/L

My 24 cortisol collection :

57 nmol/L (* again not sure about the validity of this as the department lost the 2nd test so might be slightly unreliable)

(conversion factor from nmol to ug/dl is 1/27.59) 

I also have high androstenedione ( 2x normal ), high testosterone, high normal DHEAS, normal LH FSH with slightly elevated Estradiol, hair loss and hair growth in on tummy and hands. Besides that I also have deep stretch marks on my buttocks and thighs and chest. Non on abdomen though as I'm quite thin in arms and stomach.

My salivatory test results  form medicheks;

CORTISOL (SALIVA) WAKING (9am)                  9.080 nmol/L 6.00 - 21.00

CORTISOL (SALIVA) 12:30 *                      8.470 nmol/L 1.50 - 7.60

CORTISOL (SALIVA) 16:00                        3.170 nmol/L 0.00 - 5.49

CORTISOL (SALIVA) before bed(1 am)     1.560 nmol/L 0.00 - 1.99

I know that my results aren't super extreme as some with a really severe case would get, but I have been told by several people now to check for Cushings. I am thinking would this indicated pseudo-Cushing's syndrome? 

I welcome your feedback and thank you for reading. xox

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there.  Just read this wow.  You are so good to have all the info close to hand.  I think some of us me included will have to find our own results before we answer.  Don't think we are ignoring you, your post is very important to us.  We all read the messages at different times of day and from different countries.  Would be good to know if you are in the UK or the US?  Take care and we will be in contact soon.

• Posted

Thank you, Vicky, for your reply, I am in the UK. I am trying to get a private dexamethasone suppression + CRH test but no idea how to get it done privately as no one seems to supply it. They just give me numbers to contact and no one ever picks up. My public healthcare endo is useless I practically had to tell him what tests to give me, they switched 3 different consultants and all of them clueless. It's a nightmare dealing with this, as it seems it's not enough that I'm paying for this I also have to chase them down as well. I get so angry and upset over this. Administration is useless. I would get fired if I ignored clients like this. **** ****

• Posted

Hi

I know that some doctors can overlook symptoms

But your symptoms indicate a type of Cushing's

There is Cushing's syndrome

And Cushing's disease

Cushing's disease is a tumor

In the pituitary gland

Cushing's Syndrome is the adrenals

Best is an MRI of both

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think it can be analysed by ACTH test, if it's a pituitary tumour then ACTH will be high if adrenal then it should be low. I'm having this done on Friday; fingers crossed, and I will follow this up in this post. Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Good Luck for Friday and let us know how you get  on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.