I have been attacked by gout from last 3 days what should i do?

Posted , 5 users are following.

can you please help me about my diest?can i eat rice,chicken and fish or not? a friend told me that lemon water will help you to reduce uric acid's level is that right?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

if you research this on the net you will find conflicting views some say you cant eat fish or chicken, some say you can eat small portions of chicken and some sea fish but not shell fish or fish like trout,there are many herbs and spicys that are anti inflamarty  tumeric corriander are 2 of them,
  • Posted

I'm 18 months gout free. I eat fish, chicken, rice. I don't eat shell fish, I don't drink soda, gator aide, fruit juices that have HFCS or sugars added. Some drinks have many acids stay away from them. Pure tart cherry juice is good alkaline water is good, pure water is very good. You can make alkaline water by cutting a lemon into 1\8's and letting is set in a 64 oz jug overnight, you dont squeez the lemons just put them in with the water.

You want to cut back on fats from meats and dairy ( triglicerides and cholesterol  may be high) get them down by staying away from hot dogs, burgers, sausage, peperoni, etc. Eat more fruits, vegetables (salads) I try to eat at least 5 fruits/day & 5 vegetables/day. A big salad could make all 5 vegetables and some fruit is added in to your salad. Cut back on desserts, sweets, candy, especially while gout pain is present. Then maybe occationally ease back into some sweets, but not too much. Lose some weight. And exercise even if it is just walking 5 times a week for 30 min or more if you can. It all helps when you do all this together.

Google gout diet, gout foods, to make your body more alkaline than acidic. Some foods are conflicting on different sites but you'll get the general feel for what to eat the more sites you check out. If you can't do the above go to your doctor and get meds. I chose to eat way more fruits and vegetables instead of meds. Celery, cherry juice, alkaline waterk, alpha tabs and Phgreens helped me in the begining. I now eat enough fruits and vegetables and take a flack seed capsul daily. Just keep your body not too acidic with what you eat and drink. It will save your kidneys also. Good Luck and see your doctor for pain meds until you get gout under control.

• Posted

Timothy, I ve not had a gout attack 9 months but im on allopurinal but would like to get off it but my doctor said if I stop taking it I would get gout also he told me i should'nt be taking nettle tea ,they want to keep you on the meds
    • Posted

Before you would dare come off the allopurinal. You should know your acidic level. You must eat and drink to make your body Neutral or alkaline. When you are alkaline it is easy to lose weight. My doctor told me the same as yours probably did. Mine said that I'd be on allopurinal for the rest of my life. I believe that he thought I could not change my eating lifestyle. But I finally did. It takes 10 days or so to stop the sugar craving. I eat more salmon than beef, drink mostly water - and no soda.

I stopped all shell fish which I love. I stay away from hotdogs and burgers. And I've been taking a flaxseed capsule for the healthy omega fats. I walk 3.5 miles 6x / week. I eat 5 fruits most days and 5 vegetables/day also sometimes more. This has made my body chemistry slightly alkaline to slightly acidic. That's where we need to be. 

Everyone is different so levels of acidic vs alkaline may differ for what we need to stay gout free. Possibly other factors may enter the formula, like exercise, age, weight, triglicerides, cholesterol, and kidney and liver health.

Best of luck on your decisions. Don't for get to let your doctor know what you are going to try if you decide to go med. free.

• Posted

I am a PhD in chemical engineering focussing on water treatment. The kidneys are reactors. The fastest way to cure gout is stop eating and drink 5 to 6 liters of water over a 6 hour period. It's about reducing the concentration of Utica acid below is levevel of precipitation/crystallization. This works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.