I have been awake for 8 day, what can I do

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have not slept in 8 days and no matter what i try i just cant sleep. it has been happening since october last year and the longest ive been without sleep is 13 days (it made me ill i ended up in hospital. its making my schizophrenia worst, im hearing more voices in my head than i use to and i see more things than i use to, doctors tell me to try hot drinks despite all the times i have told them they dont work!! i have recently started smoking cannabis again but stopped after 3 days of non stop smoking as that didnt help either, can anyone give me any advice on what i could try. it would be highly appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

have you been getting treatment for your schizophrenia?? are you in touch with any psychiatric doctor?? i presume before these 8 days, you were sleeping normal right? If your anxiety is contributing to your insomnia then i would suggest you stop trying to sleep. because sleep is one such thing that will fend you off more and more - the harder you try it shall run away. on the other hand i would suggest you to stop trying everything. sleep is a natural phenomena, just try to lie down and rest. if sleep comes then ok, if it doesn't then in any case you have not been having it lately. you can read books from sasha stephens and guy meadows. you will find some improvement post that.

• Posted

hey buddy,

have you heard of chamomile and valerian?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.