I have been bleeding heavily since I had a myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had a myomectomy 8th of this month and a week later i started bleeding heavily till now accompanied with cramps like. I do use at least 4 tapons per day. Should i assume this as my first period or something more? note: i gave birth 5month earlier before the surgery, i was doing exclusive for my baby so have not had my period before the surgery.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, i had my open myomectomy 2 1/2 years ago. i was bleeding so heavily before surgery i was put on medication to stop the bleeding. following my surgery i too suffered prolonged, heavy bleeding, although nowhere near as bad as pre-surgery. My consultant said this was normal and due to medication i was taking to stop the bleeding before, it might have left me with a slight hormonal imbalance- causing the heavy bleeding. he said i could either wait for my body to re-balance or start taking a form of the pill which i opted for, and soon the bleeding stopped.

• Posted

Thanks ma'am, guess i have to see my gyn

• Posted

Im 3 months post myomectomy and ive been bleeding intermittently since. But my last one started 6 days ago with cramps and bright-red bleeding every morning and pauses at night and still heavy on day 6. My doctor kept saying its a normal recovery process. even tho my doctor has cleared me for sex but i wonder if it is possible to tear the incision even at 3 months. or triggered by running two blocks catching the train?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.