I have been bleeding when I go to the toilet.

Posted , 2 users are following.

A year ago I went to see my doctor about the bleeding I experience when I evacuate my bowels. He said it was nothing to worry about. It has steadily become worse, occuring almost every day as opposed to 3 or 4 days a week. Should I go back to my doctor, or should I hope it goes away?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'll just trust in my GP's initial judgement. He knows more about this sort of thing than I do.

• Posted

Your doctor didn't do any tests? That's unbelievable sounds u need to find yourself a new doctor, My gp found traces of blood in my urine from a urine sample and ordered an urgent ultrasound and blood work, and if nothing is found a referral to a urologist .

They say that any blood in the urine isn't normal and needs to be investigated to find the cause and rule out any serious causes like kidney desease, cancers, stones ect and should never be left untreated. There are also many other minor causes for blood in urine as well so no need to panic.

I'm sure if you went to emergency at your local hospital and tell them you've been peeing blood for a year they will do all the testing you need right away. Good luck, and just remember for the future that you know your own body better than anyone else and if you feel somethings not right then it's probably not.

• Posted

Oops just realized I read your post wrong, please ignore everything I just said haha. I have no experience with blood in feces but Ithe same rules might apply. Hopefully someone give you some advice, best of luck!
    • Posted

He didn't run any tests, but he did ask what colour it was. This seems like a silly question to me, but I did my best not to talk down to him. I'm not a regular eater of beetroot, so the most likely source of the redness is blood. I'll try to make an appointment with a different doctor.

• Posted

After starting to feel dizzy and light headed all the time, I went back to my GP. I forget exacly what the results of the first blood test were. It was a few months ago, but something was 8 when it should have been about 30, minimum.

I've been put on Ferrous Sulphate 200mg twice a day and I just had another blood sample taken yesterday. I won't get the results back until a week on Tuesday, but I'm exhausted and out of breath all the time. I've got an appointment with a consultant in about 3 weeks time, but I don't know if I can last that long.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.