I have been depressed and anxiety on citalopram 10mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I am 38 years old and always suffered with low moods never seeker help or taken tablets before. Since being on the tablets the first week was ok but this second week I feel worse night terrors panic attacks feeling really cold inside shakiness. Dizziness, faint, heart palpitations, problems sleeping that I have never had.

I would like to find out what help people are getting for depression and whether they have had the same symptoms on citalopram as me. I suffer with reactive hypoglycemia and wondered whether it was esaporsting my symptoms??.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I take Citalopram and never had a problem.  Please contact you doctor  as this may not agree with anything else you are taking.  
    • Posted

Thank you Joy for your reply. I will do that first thing tomorrow. Glad that you haven't had any reactions to citalpram.

• Posted

My go was very good she didn't give me tablets straight away giving me leaflets to read and then after a few weeks she did but I was refered to IApt for CBT, which I found very useful 

• Posted

i never use meds, therapy is a better option for me - meds dont resolve issues, they can help some with effects of anxiety, but often bring their own problems. id always recommend therapy
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply means alot. Yeah I was surprised when that was the first thing my Dr did, put me on meds. She didn't really make an effort to find out how I was really feeling. I will go back and see if I some therapy to help me. Thanks again.

• Posted

indeed most drs have no interest in mental health issues as they have little training, so they throw pills and hope you stay away. they would have no reason not to refer you for therapy though id hope

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.