i have been depressed for the pass year

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been depressed for the passed year and I got to courage to go to my GP and i spoke to her about me lossing my kids me not going out being anxious all the time and having panic attacks 3 times a week and all she said is ring  times to talk and get a part time job and fill out a question air and bring it back to her tommorrow but it seemed like she didnt care and wasnt listening to me what should i do

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi bethany

you are right your gp didn't listen to you. It is important that you don't let this go. Ring gp again and say you need emergency appointment. Explain that your panic attacks are affecting you severely which is impacting on your health. The fact that you are finding it hard to go out and have anxiety signals ill health. A questionnaire and a part time job will not make you better. You need medical support. Be forceful, don't hold back, make sure your treated with respect and given help in getting you better.

Wishing you well ♥

God bless x

• Posted

I've got a appioment tomorrow with the same women who told me to get a part time job which I can't because I'm not in the right mind set to do that I need to sort this out and get better and I will tell her tomorrow thanks for the support hun x
    • Posted

Hi bethany

don't let her walk all over you. You deserve to be well. If she gives you any trouble, tell her you want to know the complaints procedure as she is leaving you at risk.

remember. ..don't take 'no' for an answer! Be bold and determined ♥♥♥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.