I have been depressed for years

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 46 years old married with two kids.I feel my mind doesnt work the way an adults mind ought to be.I loose my jobs frequently and now I doesnt feel like doing anything.I get scared to see my future if I remain in the same position.I consulted a psychatrist and he advised me to remain busy and do physical exercise.But I could follow his advice consistently. Can anyone advice me.I am dyeing daily.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi shariq. Whilst thats gud advice as it releases the body's feel good chemicals & hormones in the body, im suprised while ur feeling so down he didn't recommend any talking therapies to get to the heart of why ur feeling like this & meds to balance any brain chemicals causing youre depression. U may be offered lots of conflicting or different advice on the forum each coming from a good place and or personal experience. All i know is that u need motivation to kp busy & do physical excercise of which when ill i have neither. Id recommend going back or seeing a diff dr as u put it u feel ur dying daily u are v.low and the quicker the intervention to get u well the better. Yr not alone now ;0). Please let us know how u get on. Dont delay... amanda xxx

• Posted

i am nicotine addict and sex addict.Do You think this may be the root cause of the problem.
    • Posted

Hi shariq. Not sure about the nicotine as a non smoker as for the sex addiction it may be the other way round x this addiction like any other cud be stemming from past events and u are using these addictions to cope or deal with underlying depression & or anxiety xxx maybe p.t.s.d?

• Posted

how do you know your mind dosent work like other adults have you been recarnated? we are all individuals and have our own minds just somtimes we have over sensensative feelings which make us over exsagarate situations me included,I HATE mornings there killers i over analise as soon as i wake thinking crazy thoughts like im dieing but i get up feed dogs have a brew,get some food down me then get on with the day and anything that pops in my head i handle it and get busy doing somthing,i am a lot better than a few months ago (think i had a mini nervous break down) i eat healthy but have treats,i exersise and do weights and im getting better every day,you need to find your own way of coping and you will,eat healthy,go 4 walks ,talk to people as hard as it is(does get better) and most of all stay stong dont let this illness get you as your stronger than you think,stay strong and keep fighting the fight my friend,my messanger is always open if you need to chat
  • Posted

Shariq

Diversions can help like hobbies or activities, anything to move you on  to a better place. I have my garden and our dog Pax, we go for walks if possible and I look after my Orchard.

Sometimes I look at books with pictures where I have been, that helps because I have a short term memory disorder and memories when goo bring me back to some form of normality. Of course I come to sites like this and others problems make me feel more in control. I am also trying to help people as well

All of above changes mood, so whatever turns you on will help you and others

• Posted

Hi Shariq,

You are like lucky if you have been seen by a psychiatrist. Are you still under the care of the psychiatrist? If so, I would ask for another appointment to discuss where you are at now. They should then be able to help you or refer you on to one of their colleagues for further support.

Good luck

• Posted

The best advice I can give you, is to go and speak with your Doctor or Health Care provider for further advice and support,

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.