I have been diagnosed with atrophic vaginitis but extremely wet not dry

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies. I'm ready to scream - I'm 61 and had a total hysterectomy 18 months ago. Dr. Prescribed 1 mg estrogen by mouth and estrace cream 1 gr twice a week. I stopped the cream because it was so messy but continued estrogen oral until a month ago. 

My vagina is so wet during sex that neither of us are enjoying it much. I though the vagina was supposed to be too dry after menopause. That's why I stopped the estrogen because I thought it was causing the problem. 

Also I've had a white creamy discharge since the hysterectomy - I've been checked for BV and yeast. 

Has anyone else had this problem?  

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

the atrophy part is shrinking. I'm dry as the desert. Wish I was wet, or at lleast moist. horrible drive this is my biggest dilemma
    • Posted

Hi Marcy. That's what the doctors say. On the other hand they obviously haven't sloshed around in it the other way. :-)

• Posted

Sorry Kim not me but hope you can find some answers on here.

chix x

• Posted

thanks. I hope so too.  I've spent a small fortune trying to find out what is causing it. I wasn't that way before the hysterectomy. To make matters worse my exhusband left right before the surgery and hadn't looked back. That's been almost two years ago and I just now met a man I want to be intimate with. He hasn't made a big deal out of it but it's awkward to have that conversation with someone you're just getting to know on that level. 
  • Posted

Same for me Kim, dry as a bone
    • Posted

I'd like to try "dry as a bone" to see if that's worse or better than a slip and slide. Lol
  • Posted

I have vag atrophy and am overly wet but it's because i have a vag discharge from the atrophy itself. Is your wetness only during sex or also a discharge? The only thing recommended for me was estriol vag suppositories. I have chronic discharge and HATE it. It's ruining my sex life/intimacy and I am looking for answers. Check your vaginal ph. It should be 4.5.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.