I have been diagnosed with BPD

Posted , 5 users are following.

Recently told I have BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER

Makes me feel like a freak. I get very upset over relatively small things. Blame myself feel wretche'd then need a drink to take pain away.

No also started a camp rotate. Changing from sertraline to Prozac to see if my depression improves. Has anyone any similar experiences and throwe any light on all of this?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I too have been diagnosed with epds emotional personality disorder. Don't feel a freak, I felt like this at first. I was on citalopram the doctor changed it to Prozac. And mirtazapine. I am feeling a bit different now don't care what people think as long as they don't know it's not their problem. M very good at painting on a face and changing my whole attitude towards life. I have to for work because I deliver person centred care to a lot of people and do not want to burden them with my problems because I see their need as greater than mine and am great full I'm still here to write this. My depression is improving slowly these things take time and the new medication as to adjust with you whole body. You are not alone on this one don't worry about that.

• Posted

I have bpd , struggle at min with feelings, moods, food and self harming i have really bad impression of myself its all to do with the disorder im on prozac does help lift mood and there fore can help with other probelms although not a miracle tablet u are gonna have to find other ways if coping ( get me on advice when i cant even advise myself ) but good ways of coping if u can talk to someone dont turn to bad ways of coping if this makes sense im trying to sound not judging but helpful anyway nothing to b ashamed of with having bpd and i hope u can pull through take care xx
  • Posted

Hi! I have bipolar disorder AND bpd along with depression and a.d.d! Not fun! I’d recommend that you do some easy research about the disorder online. (Google borderline personality disorder, for example). This will help you to familiarize yourself with it. The disorder has made my life very difficult. It’s hard for me to “function” like a “normal” person. I’ve never felt whole inside, I feel my identity and personality shifting often, I threaten suicide here and there, sometimes throw temper tantrums like a child, get very very angry if I have a confrontation that makes me upset, abuse drugs, am hyper sexual, take crazy risks, (poor impulse control), feel invincible sometimes, my behavior has been very inappropriate at traditional jobs, etc. Does any of this sound familiar to you? Your not a freak at all; you just have a mental illness that you can get help for. Cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy are excellent forms of therapy that could help you. I’d also recommend psychotherapy. I am on meds that help me and I see a therapist. I also attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings, but am still abusing drugs, to be honest. I have difficulty dealing with reality. As far as self harm, I crave being hit and abused by my boyfriend (we do s&m which is consensual, but he has hit me without consent..) I have very dark s&m fantasies for some reason. I’m a masochist. I have never cut myself though but do love getting tattoos. I love the pleasure and pain. Knowing yourself is half the battle. I know I must sound like a mess, but at least I am aware of myself...Take it easy and don’t be so hard on yourself. There IS a lot of help out there for you. Actually...I enjoy being a “freak” and always have haha!! It definitely makes life more interestingsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.