I have been diagnosed with hypo 4 months ago, on homeopathy medicine for four months

Posted , 6 users are following.

First three months regorous excercises with dieting , which led to vertigo at the end of third month, initially I was at level tsh 10.08 at the end of third month after vertigo cured level is at 10.98 , again I started homoeopathy medicine with no excercises and no dieting for one month and at the end of the month my level was 5.66. Doctor told me to continue homoeopathy for one more month and stop. My question, are there anyone cured with homoeopathy ? If so , did it cure permanently?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Can you tell us the reason your doctor told you to stop homeotherapy after another month?  Did he believe the treatment reduced your TSH, or does he have another treatment in mind? I have never heard of homeotherapy curing hypothyroidism, but maybe others have?
  • Posted

Homeopathy doesn't cure anything. It is diluted so much that there is no active ingredient left in it. It is a placebo. 

• Posted

I am in inclined to agree hat homeopathy is a placebo. But it is interesting that Santhi's TSH came down. Santhi, can you tell us more, and whether you were offered thyroid medication?

• Posted

You either believe in homeopathy or you don't.

I am on a homeopathy and chinese herb treatment, have reduced levo to 25mcg - after it never helping but only creating more problems, and can say that it is the first time since last October that I now wake up in the morning and have energy. However I have hashimotos hypothyroidism, inner ear infection (vertigo and bad tinnitus) and have recently done a load of blood tests showing I had mono sometime this year. So I must wait and see.

There is a homeopathic treatment for hypo and all the side effects it brings. If your homeopath is a good one they will know. This is the 3rd homeopath I've been to.

• Posted

Actually my medicine is combination of homoeopathy and Ayurveda. Morning and evening , I am still suffering with mild symptoms. My doctor told that his medicine activates gland to work properly rather than supplementing the hormone. It costs 2 k per month. I don't know if I stop this medication what wil happen. I just thought I could have more info here on homeopathy medicine

• Posted

Homoeopathy medecine is an interesting approach, and  will be watching ongoing discussion with great interest.

Power of the brain over bodily functions should not be underestimated!!!

• Posted

Santhi, what is your country of residence?  You have a "doctor" treating you for - did I read this right - two thousand (pounds, dollars?) a month, for a totally unproven treatment? What are this person's qualifications?

Here in Canada, the regular synthroid medication is basically free.  Just saying.

• Posted

Do these levels of tsh fluctuate if I stop the medicine.
    • Posted

Homeopathy in the Philippines is kinda expensive too. About $7 for the visit and about $45 dollars for the medicine..
  • Posted

Hard to predict what will happen if you stop the homeopathy, because most people don't believe it does anything.

But, more importantly, what condition does your doctor think you have?

According to what I have read, carbamizole is for hyperthyroid, but levothyroxine is for hypo (low) thyroid, so that seems contradictory.  It is really important to have your doctor tell you what he thinks is wrong with you and how the medication is expected to treat it. Have you asked him? Your TSH has come down but because you are taking the conventional medicine as well as the homeotherapy, who knows which one has caused that? 

Perhaps that is why the doc is asking you to stop the homeothapy.

• Posted

That's true. My doctor once told me to stop taking any alternative medicine when I was taking the medicine she prescribed. I'm currently on homeopathy only since the synthetic meds I'm taking isn't working and I feel weak when I was taking them. I'm still on my first month of homeopathy, not much different but I had better lifestyle.

• Posted

I have hypo and I'm also on homeopathy but for a month only. I don't know anyone yet wth hypothyroidism that was cured by homeopathy but my uncle had bursted kidneys and was prevented from dying when he tried homeopathy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.