I have been diagnosed with, igG4rd.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was originally diagnosed, a year ago. I had several second and third opinions. I believe the mass, has been there for six years. I only can imagine, how everyone, is feeling. This has totally changed my life, you have times and you are so tired and you begin, to begin to feel empty. It is very important to stay positive or try.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lora Ann,  I was diagnosed myself with igG4 in March.  It has been a total life changer.  In my case it attacked my kidney's throwing me into stage 5 kidney failure.  My Dr.'s currently have me taking 60mg of Prednisone daily to try and suppress it and see how much kidney function I can get back to avoid a transplant.  I understand what you're feeling with the fatigue and emptiness.  But like you said, stay positive and keep fighting.

• Posted

Hi, Scott. I am so sorry to hear, you will be in my prayers. I pray, you will not need a kidney transplantation. I try so hard to be strong and positive. I had my mass, that i knew of since 2012. I didnt know, until last year. My body felt so different, i was tired, crying and had pain. I am about to get a ct on my stomach and chest. Thank you, so much for your support, i can only imagine how, you are feeling. I hope to hear from you again. GOD BLESS
  • Posted

Hi took me 5 years to get a diagnosis. I was officially diagnosed in December of 2017.. It settled in my chest, causing breathing issues..aggravating my Asthma and swelling of my face and head leading to sight problems and severe headaches. Lymph Nodes and glands. Started with prednisone, then moved to infusions of Ratauximed.. I am trying to stay positive..but when it "flares" its hard. Being so unknown...people can be pretty condescending when I don't feel well.

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear, my mass was found in 2012 and on my spine and the outer lining of my lung. I was officially diagnosed in 2017, as well. I started on prednisone and it did not work for me. I also had rituxan. It didn't work and then imuran and prednisone again.It sounds strange, nobody believes me about the flare up. I have a ct on my stomach, pelvis and chest. Trying to stay positive. It felt so goid to hear from you. You are so right about flare ups, its horrible. I hope to hear from you again.

• Posted

Definitely! I am in a flare right now. Left side of face is swollen, the strange rash, exhaustion, joints sore and stiff. But i haven't had treatment since January. My Doctor needed to see what my "threshold " is between the flares. I don't go back until June.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.