I have been diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia and I don't know whether I should take the 10mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Of amitriptyline that I have. Been prescribed bc I am aware of the side effects and i don't want to gain weight especially and I'm also doing my alevels so I don't want it to affect my studies what shall I do 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

10mg is very low , I would try it , you will only put weight on if you eat more , so as you are aware you should be fine ..keep a close eye on you weight and eat sensibly , if the pain goes you wil be able to exercise more too . Give it a go xx
  • Posted

its not weight increase at a low doses of only 10mg I'm taking 30 mg per night it's the effect of tiredness and feeling like having a hangover the next day I've been on it since May this year 

• Posted

Thanks, do you think i should continue taking the tablets because I don't know what to do 
    • Posted

Speak to your GP they will give you some advice as what too do.Take care 

• Posted

If the fibromyalgia is causing sleep disruptions for you, and/or pain while sleeping, I'd say take it. Poor sleep will also affect weight and ability to focus, probably more than such a low dose of amitriptyline would.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.