I have been diagnosed with shingles which is around my forehead/ eye area, concerned as vision is bl

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to OPHTHALMOLOGIST on Friday and was given anti-viral tablets because it was becoming painful and rash was shown but Thursday it showed little signs appearing on the forehead and around the eyes.

On Saturday about 2-3 times my right eye seems a bit red and felt burning sensation which tears kept coming out, I placed a cold towel over my eye and the pain disappeared.

I am in the process of recovering from shingles but I am not sure if blurry vision is a temporary issue or permanent which is what I am concerned

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another update: Just been to ophthalmologist and said that there is a bit of scar causing the blurry vision and now I have been perscriped with 2 different eye drops. I asked if it will heal and she said yes but I am concerned if the cornea is a bit scared that it will be permananent 
    • Posted

John,

It is difficult for me to say, as I am not the ophthalmologist who examined your eye, whether the blurriness will resolve. I know, having had recent eye surgeries, that it took 4-5 weeks for the blurred vision to disappear and that it was a slow process.

Again,

Best Wishes,

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi Jon!! Been through exact same thing. Now 3 weeks out and still having vision issues. Was wondering how you are doing so Best regards Best wishes!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.