I have been diagnosed with trichomonas but my partner tested negative how can that be possble

Posted , 12 users are following.

[Avatar universal]

I have trichomonas and a female my male partner tested negative

Harriet40

Hi there, I was diagnosed with trichomonas at a clinic and I had horrible symptoms that came on around 5 days after we last had sex and got progressively and quickly worse....masses of discharge, swelling, red itchy all of it. I had already split up from him by the time I went to the clinic and had reason to suspect him of 'foul play' I told him to get tested and he said he went, told them what to test for then 5 days later his results came back negative......how can this be? I have read that men don't get symptoms often and he said he hadn't but I've also been told men can often have false negatives. He also wasn't given any antibiotics prophylactic which I thought he should have been...so he says. This has been really awful because I had a colposcopy late last year and had nothing wrong with me then and have only slept with him since......can anyone help?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Thinks this is a sexually transmitted disease so if you have only been with him it's from him i

He may have cheated and lying to you saying he clean so he seems like he hasn't cheated or got nothing was he the type to cheat and lie, x

• Posted

Hi there,

Thankyou for commenting.

I did have reason to suspect something may have happened and when I went to the clinic I thought I must be right....but he has told me he tested negative, showed me the text the clinic sent him. I know men can falsely test negative and this has affected me badly as I have no answers.....of course they also gave him the treatment in case it was positive so even if he was tested again it would come back negative anyway.

I have been told because of the speed and severity of the symptoms he must have given it to me as he is the only partner I've had for well over a year

• Posted

So I'm kinda having same issue except my partner is married and I waa tested before him and had nothing then after 6 months of being with only him I tested positive and he tested negative i don't understand how he is negative and im positive

• Posted

I've had the same problem testing positive for trichomoniasis and my partner testing negative. I haven't been with anyone but him and I believe he's been faithful to me. He got treated the same time I did the last time but I have it back again. My conclusion is either He's lying or he wasn't given enough medication to cure it.

• Posted

Yes you can catch it without having sex...but the most common why people get it I'd through sex...i googled it

• Posted

I had the same thing happen to me. Twice. It has caused some strain in our relationship as we both contend we have been faithful and i believe he has been. And know i have been.
    • Posted

Hello- I am going thru the same thing now -I’m 55 and have been marred for 21 it’s . My husband ha been unfaithful. He was just tested and says he was negative and now says it was me , which I know I have not been. I have been on the web trying to find out how his tests came back negative when I know it has to have come from him . It does say u can get it from hands , toys , dirty towels  but I still need to know - if he passed this to me how can he be negative ? 
  • Posted

I had the same problem when I went to the hospital I was 6 months pregnant and found out I had it..he went and got tesetd and he came back negative which blew my mind because he was the only person I was having sex with and I couldn't understand where the hell it came from..the only difference is they gave him the 4 pills to take because he came in contact with me and the funny part was when I initially found out he came clean and told me he had had sex with someone else and the condom popped

• Posted

Forgot to mention the entire time I had it I wasn't having any kind of sex but it was taking forever to get rid of they kept giving me medicine and it would work for a week or so but the yellow discharge would come right back..it took me 6 hospital visits within the time spand of 2and a half months to finally have the doctors tell me that it finally went away mind you I was pregnant the whole time dealing with it. It was the most depressing situations I have ever been in

• Posted

This is crazy the same thing happened to me. I had symptoms tested positive. He had no symptoms tested negative yes, he was given anabiotic’s too. He is the only man I have been with within the last six years and I have never cheated. of course he is not admitting that he was unfaithful. He just throws in my face that is what your test result says so apparently you were the one cheating. I had to take another round of antibiotics because it did not clear up the first time, and I told him he was more than welcome to go with me to the doctor to ask any questions that he needed to ask. no he did not go and I was told by a male doctor that a man can test false negative and not have any symptoms but of course he did not want to hear that the doctor that he had supposedly did not tell him about a false negative test, but I was not there. JUST SAD

• Posted

Yeah I'm confused. I'm ethically non monogomous and I have tested positive. my partners are all negative. I can't believe all of yalls husband's are lying to you...this parasite is just weird AF

• Posted

This has been a ongoing problem in my life seems like.

I am always testing clean swabs urine test and Blood work but once in a Bluemoon my partner will come down with this and has taken Antibiotics time and time again for it to keep coming back.

I have had other partners in my life and maybe two other times the same scenario i was being blamed for giving them trichomoniasis and every time i test clear ,I would also been given the same medications for it to keep happening and we also get re-screened so i really don't know why this is such a continuous situation if everyone is keeping to themselves there was a point i didn't have sex for months and still this happens more than i care for....

Most likely the men aren't cheating it's just our bodies have that crap in it that won't go away or keep hanging around no matter what you do.

• Posted

So the question I would ask is this - did you see the actual lab results from your partners testing? If the answer is no, ask him to see the results. If he declines, he's being less than truthful.

I caught trich many years ago from a partner I was in an intimate relationship with. I did the responsible thing and let her know. She came back later and said that she was negative. I feel confident that she wasn't being forthcoming and was only stating as much as she didn't want to carry the stigma of having an STD and certainly didn't want to fess up to being the one to pass it on to me. It was only a casual relationship, not a serious one, so her denial it was her didn't really bother me. But her failure to produce her actual lab results was telling...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.