I have been diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency(6.5),how can i boost it to normal range?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Calcium serum level was normal

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I was prescribed vit D supplement. I would have thought your doctor would prescribe a high dose for a while if you are on 6.5. Takes a few months to build up. I sit outside each day too.
    • Posted

I had an appointment with the doctor 1 month ago.He prescribed me 60000 sachet after every 3 days along with calcium citrate.I started taking the doses but after taking calcium citrate after breakfast I suffered from headache.So I left taking it after 10 days but continued with sachet.Though my reflux problem solved in a few days but then I got joint pain in whole body.Knee pain was more prominent.After a month when i again visited doc I explained him the whole problem.He told me to stop that doses and prescribed me b12,b6,folic acid capsule in morning nd d3(1000iu)+magnesium after dinner.But after few days previous symptoms again came like constant burping.So i am confused what to do?
    • Posted

If you have vitamin D deficiency you need vitamin D. You are very low so the sun is probably not enough and you can boost it up a bit with diet such as oily fish and mushrooms. I take two tablets daily and have had no side effects at all. The other supplements will not help the vitamin D. Why are you taking calcium?
    • Posted

Doctor told that calcium is necessary for vitamin d to work as it absorbs it in the body.So high doses of D3 requires more calcium.
    • Posted

It is the other way round you need vitamin D to absorb calcium, so you can get a combined vitamin D and calcium supplement. You can take vitamin D without calcium. Tell your doctor to look it up!! 
    • Posted

Now he has prescribed me a multivitamin having calcium aspartate,k2-7,magnesium,zinc,mecobalamin
    • Posted

What about the vitamin D? Do you know why he has given you a multi vitamin? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.