I have been diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency(6.5),how can i boost it to normal range?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Calcium serum level was normal

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Also suffering from regular burping and like burp stuck in throat
    • Posted

You can take a supplement or a doctor can prescribe a high dose one. Also getting out in the sun is the best way as your body absorbs it through the sun. I also have the stuck burp feeling and it’s driving me crazy. How long have you had it and do you also feel ear pressure with it. Does it feel like a trapped air bubble? Does your throat gurgle when you swallow saliva ? Sorry for all the questions but this has been so stressful.
  • Posted

H there it's probably the a PPI medication coresing it it deflated out body's of many thing including vit D3 and calcium is another I'm currently taking vid D and calcium every day I've got thinking bones because of PPI medication my doctor prescribes it for me I would  ask your doctor for it as he will give you the right dose to take 

• Posted

I had an appointment with the doctor 1 month ago.He prescribed me 60000 sachet after every 3 days along with calcium citrate.I started taking the doses but after taking calcium citrate after breakfast I suffered from headache.So I left taking it after 10 days but continued with sachet.Though my reflux problem solved in a few days but then I got joint pain in whole body.Knee pain was more prominent.After a month when i again visited doc I explained him the whole problem.He told me to stop that doses and prescribed me b12,b6,folic acid capsule in morning nd d3(1000iu)+magnesium after dinner.But after few days previous symptoms again came like constant burping.So i am confused what to do?
    • Posted

To add I have been suffering from this from almost 6 months.Then I didn't know it was due to Vitamin D deficiency.So I regularly consumed PPI.But it didn't improved my condition.

• Posted

Hi

If your going to take a vitamin D supplement make sure you take your vitamin D3 with vitamin K2. They are synergistic. 

• Posted

Is now foods k2 supplement good? 

Can u please tell me the proper schedule that I should follow for the doses?

Should I consume Calcium supplement or not?

• Posted

Hi

I take Nu Nutrition 3,000 IU of vitamin D3 and Nu Nutrition 200 IU. There’s no real need for a calcium supplement as appropriate levels of vitamin D will help calcium get through your body better. The supplement you mentioned should be fine as long as the K2 is Menaquinone MK7 as this is a highly absorbsent form of K2. Just remember K2 and vit D3 have to be taken together, to get the full effect and enhance calcium levels. 👍😁

• Posted

I take vitamin d and magnesium supplements because PPI's tend to leach these vitamins and I was getting really horrible migraines.

• Posted

My doc has prescribed me ppi along with d3 and k2. But i have a doubt that ppi depletes vit d.So what's the real benefit of taking it along with d3?

• Posted

To add I was having burning feeling in stomach after having a hot or spicy meal
    • Posted

I believe that it does deplete vitamin D. My advice is to ask your doc about it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.