I have been diagnosed withIBS

Posted , 8 users are following.

II have been diagnosed with IBS so am bloated all the time and constipated.  As well as these symptoms I feel nauseous, trembly and light headed, especially at night so am not sleeping.  Has anyone else got these symptoms and, if so, how are you treating them.  Please help

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Sorry you are not feeling well. You have been diagnosed with IBS so I assume you have been given advice/medication etc from the gp/hospital.  There is a lot of information on this forum from fellow sufferers.  Please do read you mind find tips and advice which might help.  I know what it is like to suffer from bloating and constipation  if you can't sort it with diet please go back to gp.  With regard to feeling nauseous, trembly and light headed I think think is quite common with the condition and maybe because you are anxious and stressed about the IBS (you wouldn't be).  So do try to relax see the anxiety forum as well.

I suffer from both IBS and anxiety and find I feel like this in the morning especially if I wake early.  You say you can't sleep that does sound like anxiety.  IBS can be a chronic condition and it is hard to adjust to that. Keep in touch on the forum and let us know how things go for you and any questions you may have.  I myself find that my bloating does come and go and find bowel changes are usually connected to anxiety and and change of diet etc.  Good luck.

• Posted

Forgot to say I take mebervine before meals to help with cramps and they do seem to work for me.
  • Posted

Hiya, i am also sorry to hear you are suffering. I too suffer with nausea on a daily basis and i have extreme fatigue too. I take Cyclizine for my nausea and it works great within half an hour. It is my lifesaver as i have a phobia of feeling/being sick. I carry a make up case around with me everywhere i go (just a cheap Betty Boop make up bag, sobit doesnt look too conspicuous) an in it are all my meds i may need. Painkillers, anti-sickness pills, diarrohoe pills, constipation pills etc etc. i call it my "meds bag" and my kids know where it is and to bring it to me if im really ill. As for bloating...i found switching to a dairy free diet helped with that. I drink lactose free milk, have my own cheese and cheese spread and try where possible to buy dairy free/gluten/wheat free. I also have some lacto tablets from Holland & Barrett which help with the digestion of the lacto enzyme just in case i get caught out. So say if i am out and have a coffee with regular milk i can take 2 of these pills and i dnt suffer. But i only use them if i have to. Hope this all helps xxx
  • Posted

Hi, need to know more. Are you in pain. On medication. Had any surgery. Do you worry about things. Been on anti-biotics. Changed your eating habit. When did it start. Any major changes in your life prior to the onset of ibs. Relationship issues. Do you eat lots of nightshade foods (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, spicy food). Do you eat a diet that includes high oxalate foods. Just a few things to think about. Also could you have low stomach acid. Do you use digestive enzymes or/and betaine hcl.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.  I was on anti-biotics a week ago.  I have not had any surgery in the last 2years, had a hip replacement prior to that.  It started approx 2 months ago but is with me most of the time.  Have no relationship issues whatsoever.  I do eat potatoes but have cut out all spicy food.  All I have been prescribed is peppermint oil tablets but I also take Windeeze when things are bad.  Many thanks for your interest
  • Posted

Hi IBS is a nightmare I also have it big time, have come close to ending my life, but don't do it.

I have had all the test done and come back okay.

My Doctor has put me on a range of medication and products from the health shops,some times it's the food we eat, manly it's a bug thats in our stomach that's not breaking our food down. Some dietician can also help. I also research a lot for info.

Don't give up you have to demand help and medication.

Mine plays up ever now and then.

Good luck. Alex..

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your ibs. I also get nausea and trembles. I have found that Zofran (Ondansetron) works for the nausea. Ginger tea and/or pills also work - but not as well as zofran (your doctor will have to prescribe it).
  • Posted

Hi Devmacs5

This sounds a bit negative sorry, but I thought I'd let you know that a really bad IBS attack brought on my Atrial Fibrillation with similar symptoms to you and I ended up in Cardiology at our local hospital for a few days. Feeling generally unwell, nausea, dizzyness or light headedness and an inability to sleep at nights, can all be signs of an Irregular Heartbeat so have yourself checked out.

I hope of course that it's not this and you are soon over these horrible symptoms and feeling better.

Jess

• Posted

Thanks for your message.  I have had my heartbeat checked and it was fine, thank goodness, don't want anything else.  Hope that you are now better and feeling well#

Pat

• Posted

Hi

Have you tried Sleep Hygiene to help you to sleep? You have to follow a very strict routine of:

Hot bath with lavender oil

Hot drink such as hot chocolate

Bed to read a book/ no Tv or computer/

Relaxing music like ocean sounds

• Posted

I use to have hot baths with lavender oil and others with not much luck i even burn incense sticks of all types and do use a oil burner,I go to bed with my Milo and i have quite a few mediation tapes also do like to certain spiritual music which is good i also have a little machine on my bed side table that plays a lot of ocean sound ,rain and many more i have a mountaint of many different types of apps on my phone.

I do fell good but i will wake up every 1.5 hrs with a nightmare of various types.M any thanks for all your help and input'

Regards Alex.rolleyes

• Posted

Hi

That all sounds really good. I take sleeping tablets which are not recommended but went so long without sleep I had to take something.

Have you tried Dormeasan Sleep

It is Valerian Hops oral drops.

That works well with the sleep routi nes.

• Posted

Hi,

My husband has had IBS for years.  When we first met we made the decision to cut out dairy, wheat and all processed foods.  We eat mainly protein and vegetables.  It helps a lot.  I won't say he's IBS free as his job (self employed) can create it's own stresses but he has improved a lot.

Hope this helps a little.

• Posted

Hi yes I get them all! Also have irritable bladder so not good only just been diagnosed with IBS too have been prescribed constellation new drug but gives me terrible stomach though clears everything right out can't take it every day! Not sure what to do as nothing seems to work

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.