I have been experiencing diarrhea for the Last 3 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing a strange type of diarrhea which happens only in the morning. First of all i go to bathroom and have free bowel movement and then after another 3 times i have to go and there will be small stools. Last month i had a colonoscopy which is completely normal. I have been taking medicine but no use. I am getting nervous to go anywhere because of this. My stool color is normal. Please somebody help me

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Without doubt IBS! I'v been like it for years on and off! Now I'm rocking up the hill i'v gone wheat, gluten, dairy free and much improved. 

• Posted

I had same thing tried everything...doctor told  me I had IBS.  Took cholestraymine, need scrip for it, took one box and then took flora 50 billion probiotic.   In about 2 weeks, it stopped.  Drank plenty of water.  Now I eat everything and still take one probiotic and it has been 6 months.    My gastro doctor, was very surprised it left.  Also had an on and off pain in the upper left side under my rib, now gone.
    • Posted

Sorry I mean the upper right not left under my rib cage.  Google bile acid diarrhea...cholestryminevworkedcwith probiotic I suggested...
  • Posted

Do you have shifting abdominal pain with the diarrhoea?  Does eating trigger it?  Try a food diary to see if any food causes it.  When you had your colonoscopy, did your doctor make any suggestions as to what might be causing it?   Sometimes IBS can cause morning diarrhoea known as the morning rush.  Try Imodium to control it.  See your doctpr again for more tests and diagnosis.
    • Posted

My doctor suggested me to keep bowel movements as free as possible. I have been doing it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.