I have been experiencing stinging when I pee for a week now and checked out my V area finding sores

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm in my Junior year in Uni. I had itching one night so I sorta scratched my V area quite vigorously. Next morning I went to school. But then when I had to go pee, I found that it stung like h*ll. I almost cried. I figured I mustv scratched too hard, I probably left a scratch. I thought the pain would go away but during this week its gotten worse. I let my boyfriend know and he said I must wash my undies properly and without softener. It hurt so much this morning when I was walking around in my house so I had to check. I took a picture and was so shocked. I have three little blisters and I'm pretty scared it'll get worse if I don't go to the doctors. My boyfriend and I have sex like probably once a month. He had std previously before we started going out. He was recovered when we started going out. This was like 4 years back so I know its not STD or STI. Iv done research and think its probably a yeast infection or something similar. Please help me, I don't have time to go to the hospital because of alot of school work still yet to be done and exams to study for.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Sorry, but if you've been having pain urinating for a week and have blisters around your genitals, then you need to make time to see a doctor.

    Even if neither of you has had sex with anyone else for four years, it could still be an STI btw, though that seems unlikely.  Some infections can lie dormant for years.

    If you want to add pics, this should help:


    If you're using a phone or tablet, you may need to choose the desktop/PC option in your browser.

    Even without seeing pics though, you need to see a doctor.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

    If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

    Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thank you very much. I did see the nurses at my school clinic. I told her what I was experiencing and she told me I had an STI. I was so shocked, like you said, it seems unlikely. But I mentioned the symptoms and she said my boyfriend and I had to check our status for HIV and STD. So we both did. Were both negative, but she told us to take medicine. So she gave us like 10 tablets to drink each for that day. So yeah. Now I'm feeling much better and I don't experience stinging when I pee.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Yaaay!!  Glad you saw someone and that it's nothing serious, and thanks for the update.  If it's thrush or something similar, then you should both take a leak and wash down there after sex too.

      Good luck with your exams.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Please upload a picture or look at the discussion I posted! What you have seems so similar to what I have and I want to know whether it's an std or something that may require me to see a doctor! At this point I'm just hoping it goes away but it's been getting worse.

      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up