I have been feeling dizzy with a mild headache at the back

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been struggling with stomach cramps for a long time with serious acid refluxes. Some two weeks ago I was put on Omerprazole, and hyosine. Then the feeling of light headedness and dizziness still remained but the acid reflux became better. I then stopped the Omerprazole but the stomach cramps are still there at the bottom and top of the belly. I feel nauseas at times with alight headache. I need to control this what should I take??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would continue with the omemprazole until your Dr tells you to come off it. At least that way it's helping with your acid reflux.

I suffer from tummy problems and diarrhoea, I normally have aggrivated symptoms after I eat so unfortunately what happened is I stopped eating and drinking as much as I should be. I ended up feeling dizzy with headaches. Could this be the case for you?

Try having a strict diet for a week or two, go back on your acid reflux tablets, eat your 5 fruit and veg a day along with plenty of water, try not eat too much fatty foods and see if that makes any difference. It did help for me.. let me know if you manage it and if it made any difference.

• Posted

Maybe because your so anxious about what's going on, you could have high blood pressure so I'd have that checked, but keep taking omaperazole, I had similar experience and a lot of it was down to stress, so blood pressure was not good, it's worth a try. Good luck
  • Posted

You need to have a proper diagnosis before taking any PPI . I wish I had never started on Omaprozole . It alters your gut bateria  and  thats a problem in itself . Ask for blood tests for H Pylori bacteria which can live in the lining of stomach and cause similar symptoms and als  gastritus  can be similar If you have to go back on PPI because of Acid  then choose other than Omaprazole  in tests Omaprozole altered gut bacteria after 1 month by 50 % .You should also be taking a Probiotic  to rebalance gut . Ask your GP if you can get decent ones on NHS .. otherwise you have to buy them . The best one is SMYPROVE.

Good luck .

• Posted

Hi liberty28654

You need to see your doc and ask for a test for HPylori...google it and see if your symptoms reflect an HPylori stomach bacteria...you seem to have classic symptoms of this bacteria....best wishes....

• Posted

Thanks a lot for the help and suggestions you gave me regarding my condition. I went to the doctor and he prescribed two sets of antibiotics and now am on cimetidine. All the cramps are gone and am feeling much better. I still suffer from a lot of gas i n the stomach though. But am much better now. Need to control the gas now. What should I take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.