I have been feeling lightheaded

Posted , 5 users are following.

Saturday I got food poising, and finally felt better Sunday night. Monday I pretty much used most of the day to catch up on school work I fell behind with being sick. But Tuesday came a long and I say typed feeling dizzy but more like my head is a ballon floating, maybe light headed? And it's constant. I went to the doctor the following day and told him what I was feeling I said I have pressure in my head and on my cheeks and that I been feeling lighted and unbalanced, and he checked my ears and touched my face and he said I have a sinus infection. I thought it was odd because I'm not congested. So I mentioned that to him, and he said you don't have to be congested to have a sinus infection. So I told him I'm concerned there is something more wrong with me, he said to try the medicine that he gave me, which today is my second day taking it, and see how I feel and come see him in a week if I don't feel better he will order me a scan. Well I didn't feel right so I called them and asked for the scan, which I'm getting on Monday. I'm really nervous that is more and something very bad like a tumor or some type of cancer. I had my blood work done November and everything came back good. It hasn't even been a week I been feeling this but I'm so nervous I cry everyday I can't sleep I don't want to do anything because I hate what I'm feeling when I walk or just move. Even when I'm laying down I feel the floating of my head. I read that anxiety can do a lot to you, but i was feeling fine before all this happened. I need some advice, does anyone else feel like this? I also haven't worn glasses in a long time maybe for 3 years, but I can't see that just randomly starting to bother me. I also feel pressure right now on both sides of my temples.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Hannah,

I think you freaking out for no reason. Relax and don't panic over that and think the worst. You had a food poisoning and sinus infection it's normal for the medication to take time before you start feeling better.

One advice from person with anxiety and daily panic attacks - everything is in your head, your thoughts can make so sick, you can't believe how sick on a physical level you can create your sickness!

Also with your thoughts you can heal yourself from any sickness in the world.

Just relax and be positive and don't let anything to brings you down. Don't think the worst-think the best for you!

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

is it possible you are suffering from a possible migraine? Tension headaches, silent migraines, vestibular migraines are some areas you might want to search. I say this as I am suffering with similar symptoms. Don't panic, in all likelihood, it is not anything serious. Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Posted

Dont worry.....the medicine for sinus infection takes sometimes a week to work......I would go for all necessary test then see an ent doctor or neurologist.......I really do not believe it is anything serious....Hand in ther....Keep posting
  • Posted

Hi Hannah.

Please read my other posts regarding what I believe the root cause of all of our symptoms are, that is from a virus. You will need the scans just to reassure you and help with that overwhelming feeing of panic. Of couse we fear the worst, that is just natural, we all want to live long and happy lives. Continue reading as many posts as possible as the variation in symptoms, whilst large, also has a similar ring to them, you will slowly get better,, Jon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.