I have been feeling sick since having my blood pressure medicine amlodipine renewed.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have noticed that I have hot and cold episodes, feel really sick and strange sensations in my head. I paid attention today after taking my blood pressure pill. Wondered if I may have been given a wrong prescription or having a bad reaction to this pill. Would like to check today with the pharmacy but it is closed today.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi there - Is Amlodipine a new B/P RX for you? What milligram are you on? 5 ml or 10? i was on this drug for 5 years & it literally was toxic to my system, but when i got switched from 5 to 10 all hell broke lose - Go on the Amlodipine Forum on Patient, many people can not tolerate this B/P medication. Good luck -

• Posted

you can go online and look for pill identification, there you can find a website where you can put the name of medication in and dosage and you should be able to see a picture of the pill. hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi There:

I hope that by now, you've been able to get ahold of a pharmacist and gotten some answers?

The hot and cold and other symptoms you've described could be BP med related but, they also could be cold/flu related as well. Have you taken your temperature? Hot and cold tend to indicate a fever (chills) but, could be anything as well. The funny sensation in your head may be med related or it could be virus related???

Get in touch with a pharmacist or your family doc who may now be using telemedicine to decide what to do or not do. We're in strange times, right?

Wishing you well and please let us know!

• Posted

Hi Mele,,, Just wanted to let you know!!! I have had every symptom of peri known to mankind and Iam getting close to the end,, had 7 periods this last year and have been in peri for about 5 years... One of my symptoms has been my body temperature always seems off Im eather on fire or I freezing and this can happen one minute after another... Anxiety makes mine worse and the hot cold thing causes anxiety!!! omg help right... do ck other things also!! but I have this if this helps!!! xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.