i have been feeling unbalanced and it feels like the floor is moving or sinking

Posted , 24 users are following.

i did an MRI scan, nuro said MRI scan is fine and OK.

i was referred to an ENT

while i am happy that my MRI is okay. it's a good sign but it still bugs me to know that the cause it is unknown

my symptoms are

Floor is moving, like on a boat OR the floor is sinking

if the ENT checks out, i don't have a choice but to move on. 

is anyone is having the same problem as me?

3 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

its funny how all of you started discussing what issues you guys are facing.

guess i am not alone on this.

none of the meds seem to help. hahahaha.

this makes my daily function of life very hard. how the hell can i do anything if i am on a boat?!

• Posted

The hard part is going for tests and MRI's and such. You want answers so you know what's going on and be treated properly. You pray they don't find anything bad. But your disappointed when they don't find anything. You want them to find something and don't want them to find something at the same time.

• Posted

Hi,

I know how you feel, boat swaying heavy and light feeling

Where you from, still have a good sense of humor  

Would like to talk to someone in the same boat, can reach me at +6593809412 Whatsapp

Been to ENT clear, Chiropractor no use, now waiting for MRI, Neuro doctor gave me nerve medicine to try at meantime say need some time to work

Nobody know how it feels

Alan Male Singapore

• Posted

I have that same issue.  I saw my GP and she said there is a lot of pressure in my ear.  She told me the symptoms of that pressure and it is exactly what I am feeling.  It feels like I am getting a double chin.  My throat and back of my neck hurt, mucus in my throat and it feels like the floor is moving, especially when I am near water, like the kitchen sink or bathtub.  My daughter is 20 and has the same pressure in her ear, but hers is worse than mine.  She has really bad anxieties, but I don't believe I suffer from anxieties.  My doctor gave her a prescription but told me to take Aleve D in the daytime and a decongestion at night because it makes you sleepy.  I am starting the process now and will see if it works..  

• Posted

A good ENT or a neurotologist has a machine can tell him if there's fluid build up behind your ear drum. Sometimes that's where the pressure feeling comes from.

• Edited

Hello

Are you still active?

Pls reply , I have the same symptoms

its only when I walk though but all the time and it really suks .

CT scan - normal.

Ent doctor said it's not vertigo.

I'm 20 years and i dont think i have any anxiety problem.

Have you found the answer?

PLEASE REPLY.

• Posted

I have a similar symptom, feeling of being on a boat when I walk and feeling of being pushed or dragged down to the floor. I don't have it constantly but a lot of the time... It can get worse around panic attacks or anxiety that I've developed too. I saw ENT and they said it could be vestibular migraines which can happen without a headache. Or they said it may be anxiety related.

Not sure though, I didn't get a clear answer!

• Edited

i am going thru the same thing as you. i am 22 and have had it since i was 19 and still trying to fix it. hows everything going with you?

• Edited

You are not alone, I am having this same issue.

The feeling is two fold, either the floor is moving and feeling like you are on a boat, or you feel a tremor when sitting like someone is using machinery and its causing a tremor.

I have anxiety from this in a big way and I know that is not good. Whats even worse, like the others here, I did not get any answers from doctors.

Sometimes I start sweating randomly too or get chills.

I hope my post helps others with this know you are not alone and I hope it drives medical professionals to look into this seriously.

• Posted

I have had this every second of every day for the last 12 years. It is a very horrible feeling and has continued to get worse. I do have a neurologist (am on my 3rd one now) have seen the head neurosurgeons from 2 well known Universities. I have a very large pineal gland tumor and degeneration of the cerebellum but all say these have absolutely nothing to do with my symptoms. I have had thousands of tests including ENTs. I was finally sent to a geneticist that I have had for four years. Its his opinion that I have a very rare inherited disease as I have a list of horrible symptoms as long as my arm. I have been tested for everything that has the symptoms that I have, all negative. I have to come back this year to be tested again for any new inherited diseases discovered in the last 2 years. I know they will never figure me out in time so I have had to learn to live with it as hard as that is. I have had to walk with a walker for last 11 years and I am now only 56 years old. I hope since you posted this question that a doctor somewhere has figured this out for you and you are better now, if not I wish you much luck in finding your answer. God bless.

• Posted

im facing a similar problem for 2 years now

im still trying to figure what to do with my gp

ive only been able to have a blood test but the problem isnt my blood . ive been searching to find something to see if i can find out what i have but its so difficult and frustrating.

• Posted

I had that symptom. It's very terrifying. It started out of nowhere and lasted about a month. I got it one time after that -- 3 mos. later. It lasted a few weeks. Thank Gd. I haven't gotten it since. I had an MRI and MRA a Doppler for the carotid artery etc etc.. thank Gd

everything turned out good.

I was told to go to an ear nose throat doctor also but then the pandemic hit so I didn't go.

the two neurologists that I saw disagreed on what it was. one thought that I got locked into the to a-- variation of a migraine cycle . I get migraines. the other thought I had Mal de Barque (spelling?). that's something that can happen if you've been on an ocean liner and you don't get your land legs back. H. owever, I wasn't on an ocean liner. In fact, I hadn't been on any vehicle but he said it can still happen. you might want to look that up.

and good luck to you. it did go away thank Gd!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.