I have been gallbladder laproscopy but some drain waste collected in the body

Posted , 5 users are following.

One week ago I have gallbladder laproscopy but some waste drain about 90ml is collected in side the body around the bottom of right kidny and created infection which causes high fever. Can any one suggest me the best treatment for this infection.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Akram,

​Call your doctor right away.  Any infection in the kidney(s) is not good. You need to go on an antibiotic, and possibly have a drain put in to remove the excess fluid.  I had a bad infection in my kidney, as well as the liver from my gallbladder, so I know how bad it can be. 

• Posted

Thanks dear.

My doctor already know about the infection and its reason and started antibiotics for infection but he said the fluid is 90 ml which need not to drain out it will automatically set inside the body.

If there is some further suggestions pls help me.

• Posted

Has the Dr told you that's what it is? If not you should see the Dr because it needs to be treated.

• Posted

Hi

My daughter had the same and they have put her on antibiotics to clear it up , you should ask your Dr.

• Posted

Dear Carol, my doctor also put me on antibiotic and told me that 90ml collections can be cover by antibiotics but my fever is not leaving so worried. Had you daughter's doctor removed the waste from the body or just treated with antibiotics and further if you remember the antibiotics he used pls tell me their names.

Regards

• Posted

Hi

They have just treated with antibiotics a course for another 7 days after 2 days in A&E with Antibiotics via IV .

She does not have s fever, but they said it will take another 7 days.

If you are worried you should go back to your Dr. And get checked again, the surgeon said it is very common for this infection after the gallbladder is removed.

Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Thanks a lot.

I am still in hospital for last seven days since the gallbladder removed. My fever was not controlled but two days ago infection and some 90ml blood waste was found in utrasound so it is now treated with antibiotics. My doctor said this is small amount of fluid and no need to drain out it can be cover with antibiotics.

• Posted

I would call the hospital where you had the initial procedure and they will be able to advise you.

Whoever diagnosed the infection should have told you what the course of action would be to clear up the infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.