I have been having a flare up for the last 3 weeks it seems to be worse if I have any kind of alcoho

Posted , 8 users are following.

Does anyone else have this problem

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

no, not really. I consume wine with supper every day, one to two glasses. Before going to sleep I also take small glass of brandy and it seems to help me relax.  But everyone is different. Your reaction to alcohol may be different.
  • Posted

I have two glasses of wine in the evening and it is not a problem. When you had the flare-up did you go up to the dose that was working before the flare?
  • Posted

Wine certainly doesn't make any difference to me - but everyone is different and different things trigger problems for different people.

• Posted

Beer is my drink of choice.  I don't ever drink wine.  I'm on 10 mg but I have been in a flare up for for about 5 weeks.  

• Posted

OK - ALCOHOL (I don't drink beer. Ever!) makes no difference to me! wink

If you had been OK drinking beer before and the flare arrived it is far more likely to be that you have reduced slightly too far for the pred to still manage the degree of disease activity at present. If, on the other hand, you started drinking beer and the flare happened - there could well be a connection.

• Posted

I like red wine in particular, but I notice more pain if I even have 1/2 glass.  Unfortunately, I need to avoid it.  
  • Posted

Oh I'm sorry to hear that.  I love my glass or two of red wine each evening, helps me unwind from a horrendous or exhausting day at work.  I do hope it might be something else.  Maybe after the flare up ends, you might try again.  Good luck.

• Posted

I've had to give up wine, but I'm not having a flare up - yet.  I just don't feel good at all when I even drink just a little bit.  So this may be nutty, but I seem to be ok with 1-2 glasses of Proseco if I drink plenty of water.  Try it and see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.