I have been having difficulty with swallowing and constipation since March this year

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a constipation where I felt like having a bowel movement but couldn't release myself and sometimes I could. I have had this situation for a couple weeks, and the swallowing difficulty with food would ensue. Every time I eat I feel food would be sticking in my chest and gradually would clear up. I tend to burp quite often.

At present, I still have difficulty with swallowing and need PEG to relive my constipation. I still have these small cramp in the intestines like having a bowel movement.

I am nervous and scared. I went for endoscopy, barrium swallow, and colonoscopy tests, they were normal.

Is any kind soul out there could tell me what kind of sickness this is, I would greatly appreciate it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lovie, I know exactly how you feel. I had a fundoplication 4 years ago because my stomach tore off my esophagus due to many many years of severe heartburn.

I am very familiar with the spasms. when they come drink warm water slowly. Also when you eat...1 moth full food, 1 mouth full warm water. It relaxes the muscles that are spasming and allows the food to go down.For constipation, I take 8 sennakots, put it in hot water for 5 minutes until its completely dissolved, add a dash of syrup stir and swallow. Drink warm water or milk immediately after. You will go with no problem 10 hours later. DO NOT take the one with stool softner!!! it has additives you do not want. Keep it to a natural senna.

I can almost guarantee this will work. It did for me. If the food still gets stuck with this method, ask you GI to stretch the opening with a balloon.

Good luck darling!!

• Posted

Thanks for your advices. I had asked my dr if PEG is o.k. to take for a long time, he said yes. He said some people are on it indefinitely. I will look into sennakots.

• Posted

Sounds a lot like intestinal gas which seems to come with achalesia. Diet can help plus mild stool softener. Walking. Lots of tips online offering remedies and diet suggestions.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice. My diet is quite healthy. I always eat meals with veggies. I am hoping it's not achalasia because it's a very progressive disease. I don't have chest pasms all the time. I had it three times over the year. I can burp loudly so I am not sure it's achalasia. My gastro doctor doesn't think so. I will go for another endoscopy test next month and manometry test in January 2019. I don't know why this test takes so long to have. I live in Canada and the health care is free hence the service isn't that efficient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.