I have been having extreme gassiness, early satiety, bloating for 2 months. What could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So hi, I have been having extreme gassiness, early satiety and bloating for almost 2 months now. Symptoms started out of nowwhere and one of the first symptoms I have is occasional abdominal pain, which last for a few seconds to a few hours. And then a few days after I started to get early satiety, and I eat smaller portions than what I usually eat, and because of that I started to eat more smaller meals across the whole day. And if I eat more than the smaller portions that I'm now used to I will get nauseous and become bloated. The last symptons is that I'm extremely gassy. I find myself to be able to burp whenever I want, which never happens to me in my lifetime. When I went to a local doctor, he did a physical exam and diagnosed me with indigestion according to my symptoms above and I'm given antaacids for one week durations plus some other medications that I don't remember. During my time on anta acids, symptoms where relieved and I can eat normally again, but about 2-3 days after the doses of antaacids that I was given ran out, symptoms started to come back. I want to ask if there's somebody in the forum that have similar symptoms like me and if these symptom looks like IBS.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms are indicating of acute gastritis. You have to do an endoscopy to get it confirmed.

All the best

• Posted

I would say IBS. Do you have changes in bowel habit? I get constipation, loose stools, stomach pain and on off nausea with heartburn. However, I don't get much gas and I don't feel full quickly or get bloated. Not everyone gets the same symotoms though and response to treatment varies.  Your symptoms don't sound like simple indigestion.  Keep a food diary and ask your doctor for tests to rule out other causes.

• Posted

Yes I have had change in bowel habit, sometimes its really loose stool or even diarrhea, and sometimes its really hard stool that takes hours in the bathroom to defecate
  • Posted

it is possible you may have IBS because you are not digesting properly.  See the Dr again and see what he says.
  • Posted

Hi pigergast

I would suggest to anyone with gut and digestion problems to change their whole diet..go gluten free, wheat free, lactose free, caffeine free and sugar free. Also only eat fish, chicken or lamb and veggies i.e sweet potatoe, kale, carrotts, squash, corgettes, also use gluten free gravy and sauces. No legumes no tomatoes or peppers only ground black very little salt and use sweet leaf stevia sweetener...also use probiotics....overtime i have filled my cupboards with free from foods even sweets and cakes and icecream and crisps. So whenever I take anything from my cupboard or fridge to eat the foods are all free from all the things that cause gut problems...it's great!! Its a wee bit more expensive but worth every penny!!

I have completely changed my diet to this way of eating after enduring gut and digestive problems and I cant begin to tell you how great my gut and digestive system is today....bon appetite...best wishes........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.