i have been having headaches for the 5 days now but i have been having them for years now

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been having headaches for the past 10 years now but reasently i have had the headaches when i wake up in the mornings and when i go to bed i still have the headaches it more on my left side i did see the doctor about this and i started a headache diary but i need some addvice please can someone tell me what this is and should i be worried

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you on Blood Pressure Meds ? Or any meds ,they can give headaches .

Check anything your on I would ,can be a simple answer .

• Posted

no im not on any meds the only meds im on is norpraxin its to the point were i feel like throwing up 
    • Posted

My I've just read up on that med ,I'd go check that med out ,could well be that's where you problem lays ,Hope you find the answer ,by the way you don't suffer from allergies,that may be another cause for one sided headache ,only mention that as I've got rhinitis ,get head pains with that daily ,wish you well .
  • Posted

i only take the meds when needed i have not taken the meds for about a month now so i have no clue as to what this is my mom get this also and had it checked and the doctors told her her brain was shrinking i dont no how much of this is true to the fact can you brain really shrink and she never had any follow up appointment but she was dignose with mirgrains 
    • Posted

That's a new one to me ,brain shrinkage .youve not taken meds for past month , look at migraines ,if still got it try taking a Migraleve tablet ,see if they stop it ,could be anything ,if you've been unwell recently ,or coming down with a bug ,that may be what's doing it ,as it's only recently began .So don't go over worrying just yet ,probably a simple explanation for it ,how old are you ? 
  • Posted

i am 33 years old the family has had that viral bug that has been going around for about 2 weeks now it could be that but i have had this in the past so it could many things i will still do my headache driary or should i even do it right now beings its an on going thing i do see the doctor on the 16th of this month and jsut bring it up to the doctor then cause i no the doctor was gonna send me for a cat scan but dont no if they are waiting for this or what
    • Posted

I'm sat here with a viral bug also had it for 2 weeks ,really felt poorly ,I've now got a hacking cough.

Local chemist says it's lasting around 6/7 weeks .so if it's what me ,daughter and son in law have ,cough alone can give you head pain ,I'm on no 2 bottle cough linctus ,still got that mucus tickle .Im in South of UK 

• Posted

oh wow that is crazy i do have a bit of a cough so do you think i should still do my headache diary then or just bring it up when i go to my appointment and i am starting to get of a feaver with it now 
    • Posted

Think you need to uptake your water in take ,your brain is surrounded by water in the Menengies ,when you get headache by not having enough water ,the brain tightens up ,this was shown to me from a cranial osteopath ,some years ago ,I've drank 4/5    50 mls of water daily ,as soon as I wake I drink water ,and continue all day long till I've drunk that water ,give that a try ,see if that helps . This bugs been around a fair while ,won't hurt to keep a diary,see how you go but drink that water ,that will help with this virus ,flushes your kidneys through alone .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.