I have been having issues with urinating and I’m concerned.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

I am 18 years of age, male, and lately i have been struggling to urinate completely.

i can never seem to fully relieve myself it seems. still feel the need to urinate but i cannot.

i have gone down the route of over thinking that i have Prostate cancer.

perhaps because a close family member has been diagnosed recently.

i do not feel pain trying to urinate, it just feels as if i am putting pressure on myself trying. like my bladder is empty, although i do know that i should be urinating.

so,

i am quite worried. Along with that i am unsure if i should be.

sorry if my description is vague, please if anyone happens to see this post and has an idea what this is i would happily answer any questions.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

i had that problem about a month ago when I was asked to give a sample to test for infection. Even though I was bursting for a pee I couldn't produce anything for two hours! No infection. Dr sent me for an ultrasound as I wasn't voiding completely so next step is a Urulogist. He might want to put a camera into my bladder.

However, the difference between us is that I had radiotherapy for prostate cancer and I am 75 years old! 18 is very young for prostate cancer if that's still on your mind. I am sure there is a simple explanation. Let us know how you're getting on.

• Posted

You really should go see a urologist ASAP.

You may not have cancer at all, there are different things that can cause your problems.

• Posted

At your age you are more likely to have STI/UTI or prostatitis causing these symptoms.

Get tested for all three and if they come back negative - have a prostate MRI.

• Posted

A few things come to mind:

1. difficulty urinating has nothing to do with prostate cancer.
    2. check for STI/UTI
    3. check for prostatitis (by a urologist)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.