I have been having neck pain that is associated with cold,sweating and pain in my left arm.

Posted , 3 users are following.

The neck pain gets worse at night to the point that I am unable to turn. It goes to my arm as well as sweating a lot. During the day the pain is still there but managable. Please advice me on what it could be. The pain is so unbearable at night and am worried that it is something serious. This Morning I am feeling a bit dizzy and weak. Please give me advice. I am worried about my health.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

so what type of neck pain are you having and where about in your neck is the pain? Is it sharp, dull or prickly?The fact you say you are unable to turn with it, sounds to me like it could be muscular skeletal pain which is hitting a nerve which could travel down your arm. Are you very tense? do you use your phone or tablet a lot? If you are holding your phone/tablet and looking down a lot this can hurt both neck and arm. Lying down can often feel bad when you get neck pain. What made you think it maybe a cardiovascular issue? Are you having other symptoms like crushing chest pain, breathlessness and palpitations?

• Posted

Hi

The pain is prickly. Yes i use my phone and computer a lot,.

• Posted

It definitely sounds nerve related, I would recommend seeing a physiotherapist. If you are able to, try and limit your computer and phone use. If it is your job, try and take little breaks here and there while you have a little walk around and a bit of a stretch. I was told by my physio to imagine someone has a string attached to the top of your head and is pulling it straight when you walk and it can help your posture a bit. Also I was told to stand tall with your back to a flat wall, but try and get all of your back touching the wall so you don't arch your back for 30 seconds and to repeat a few times. When your pain gets better think about doing something like yoga or pilates, gentle stretching is so good especially if you are in front of a screen a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.