i have been having panic attacks for too long now

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have posted on here before about one night i tried going to sleep and all off a sudden my breathing went realy shallow i started having palpatations honest to god it scared me to death before that for a good few night i would lie awake thinking about death i dont know why but i did i dont have a lot of stress on my life does panic attacks lead from stress or can they just happen to any one past few months i just keep having realy bad symptoms like i could be asleep and i will shoot up out of my sleep gasping for air like 2 or 3 times a night i get a weird sensation in my left arm sometimes feels like its hard to move during the day always seems to be when im on a bus to and from work that i get i feel like i cant breath i get dizzy some times i get derealization im constantly forgetting things like litteraly i could put my house keys on the kitchen side walk out the front door and realize that i left my keys in the kitchen im paranoid when people stand behind me to be honest its the symptoms that scare me this isnt me im a friendly outgoing guy with everything going for me but this is ruining me bad i want it to stop because its scary can anybody tell me that this is panic attacks or something else it lasts like 2 or 3 days sometimes a whole week with like an hour or so of me feeling normal theres other little symptoms like i get like a tingle feeling in the corner of my lips a lump feeling in my throat and i try and swollow and it feels like its realy hard to swallow somebody help me

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi lee ... What you experience sound the same as what I get and I wake in the night or when I'm just falling to sleep... Gasping for air like I can't breath or my heart has stopped! My docs said it was all anxiety. The worse I get the more I realise just how many different symptoms and illnesses anxiety can give you! I don't understand why I am getting them as my life is so much happier than I used to be? How long have you been feeling like this? Have you seen your doctor?

X

• Posted

Thanks for the reply kim this has been going on 4 months i went to see the doctor he just give me diazapan which i stopped taking because it made me feel drowsy
    • Posted

Yes I couldn't take meds either as I had a bad reaction to them and put me off taking anymore! You could maybe ask your doc for a differnt med? I have now been refered to have CBT maybe you could ask for this? I did try calms but they didn't work for me but they do work for others? Good luck!

X

• Posted

I have to say Lee that what you have described appear to be classic anxiety-related symptoms.

Have you sought any help from your physician?

• Posted

I have not had help of nobody i went to see my doctor he just give me diazapan but i stopped taking it as it makes me just wanna sleep
    • Posted

Then maybe a return visit to your doctor is in order now as it may be that the diazapam is not suitable for you.

You can always ask your doctor for an alternative medication, but what you must bear in mind is any of these meds takes time to work and are not an instant fix. You need to allow yourself at least four weeks of continued use to feel any benefit from them.

Please keep me posted as to how you go on.

Rod

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.