i have been having serious chest pains!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been having sharp chest pains on the left side it comes and then it goes and its really starting to scare me i feel like im going to die and have a heart attack i started getting these feelings last friday and i have been to the walk in and to my gp he said my heart sounded fine but i dont feel like it is, i am going to get my bloods done tomorrow and i am waiting for my appointment to go and get an ecg can this all be anxiety the pain comes for about a minute and then goes and i get breathless i just want to be reassured that i will be okay and that it is not a heart attack. 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dom I think you are having a health anxiety. I have gerd and reflux and hiatal hania and it cause pain in my chest I got so. Scared that I went to the emergency unit last Monday and nothing was wrong with my heart. I know I have these problems but what's really affecting me now is the worry. I am so jumpy and not in peace at all.
    • Posted

yes i have had anxiety for a long time that went away and now is back i have bad acid reflux!! and i have been looking a lot at GERD and how it can be tied to anxiety. have you got any information on the aftermath of a panicattack and how it can make you feel.
  • Posted

Hiya Dom

It sounds like it anxiety related I get them too like a sharpe stabbing pain in my chest, I think if you was having a heart attack you would know, my ecg and bloods were fine too and sometimes the pain is because if you have been panicking and your heart has been beating fast your muscles work harder so can leave them feeling sore that's what the hospital told me anyways hope this helps you

• Posted

thank you ill see what happens im just really really scared it has been happening for a couple of weeks now first i was having a stroke then it was bipolar then schiophrenia now a heart attack but this one seems the most convincing. 
    • Posted

Yeah I was the same hun iv been to hospital four times cos of this with anxiety as iv never been like this before and I felt like I was going to die, I'm now on tablets to slow my heart rate down and for my anxiety, I'm scared too that something awful will happen but it's all in our heads just need to learn how to control it, I think talking to other people going through the same really helps your not alone
  • Posted

Hi Dom I suffer bad from wat I'm convinced is my heart too ur not alone! But I work in hospital n been a nusrsing student I'm told that sharp pains is very unlikely to be cardiac related Its norm dull achy pains n yes anxiety can make worse I have irregular heartbeat and get a lot palpitations and fluttering feeling which scare me at times but I've seen good cardio dr were I work n he's reassured me all is grt.but I looked for second opinion wit an electophysiologt in June.. Its very difficult I know but the more u think about it the more it will be worse for you..try n be calm try sum deep breathing and that can usually stop chest pains as the sharp pain may be related to u not breathing correctly and your oxygen in ur blood is disruptive causing sharp pains.. Keep chin up n best of luck wit ur ECG I'm sure everything will be spot on
    • Posted

is it possible to get dull achy pains with anxiety as well though, also can an ECG pick up anything that can cause chest pain.
    • Posted

Yes I get them all the time yes the ECG will pick up if anything untoward or even minimal changes to ur heart muscle n valves if ur ECG normal its anxiety related without s doubt...
    • Posted

Yeah your ecg would pick it up mine was normal just had a rapid heart beat which is caused by anxiety and panic attacks
    • Posted

Ye kirsty ive had many ECG done with tachycardia but no damage to heart muscle so tat was reassuring its hard t believe really I think maybe my thymus gland mite play a factor its located behind heart r I'm sensitive to adrenaline no funsad
    • Posted

Have you hun iv been put on beta blockers now as my heart was pumping away this all started about a month ago for me iv never been like this before... Aw bless you anxiety and panic attacks are no fun at all 
    • Posted

Ye was on metoprol n bisoprolol hut had

To stop far to sensitive t them felt million times worse so I on nothing for past yr I'm fighting it myself n it wakes me during sleep wit pounding heart etc its horrible I'm sick of it but hey wat can ye do!

• Posted

Hi Dom anxiety can play havoc with your mind. You can even start to feel all these symtoms that you have convince yourself that you have. I am just like you I worry for England
    • Posted

I'm on propanol if that's how u spell it lol, yeah I know how u feel I was waking up on a morning my heart pounding and this feeling of dread and was having panic attacks all time what set my heart going faster not a nice thing to have is it 
    • Posted

I know Kersey it's no fun sometimes I don't even want to talk to my children cause I get so quiet. I wish it all goes away very soon. Let's prat and trust in God. Cause only he can give peace perfect peace.

• Posted

I know it's awful thing to have I didn't know anxiety could cause you to be like this, we will learn how to control it, are you not on any medication Marie for it 
    • Posted

No not yet cause. Am having endoscopy next week. And ultrasound the following week because of my reflux and hiatal hania. It's all getting to me now. Dr suggest on putting me on meds after. I am feeling so down. I can't even eat properly or sleep. Thanks kersey.
    • Posted

Aw bless you I know how you feel hun it's horrible iv lost my appetite too and I'm always waking up during the night, how long you had anxiety for?
    • Posted

Hi kersey I have been depress since this chest and gas thing started.
    • Posted

Well it can cause it cause when you are not relaxed and your mind is allover the place you become tense and your heart beats faster

But like I said my anxiety comes from me not feeling well and when I go to Dr Google I end up diagnosing my self with all sorts. Then I get scared again. It is a vicious circle. I'm

• Posted

Yeah I'm same hun I keep getting chest pains and my muscles ache, try not to google stuff as it brings up the worst thing possible you will just keep scaring yourself
    • Posted

Am scared enough just don't know what to do. But atleast am going to get some tests done. I am praying for things to be alright. I am a widow and live with my children and the youngest is 12. Sometimes they can pick up that am not happy at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.