I have been having some problems physically and mentally please help!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello my name is Mira- Ne’esan. I have been diagnosed with epilepsy, autonomic neuropathy, ankylosing spodylitis, depression and severe anxiety. I am having trouble breathing, eating, sleeping, and i am losing the will to do anything.  Im constantly lightheaded and tired. I am also concerned with a skin blemish in my areola( right in the middle). People are raising my anxiety by telling me i have cancer. But i dont want to believe it.  I just want to know what i should do and who to reach out to. Please help me. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Please try to think and be positive, also follow the treatment doctor prescribed you. I also have AS, cardiac insufficiency, chronic diahrrea etc and it is hard for me also especially that I have a job to go and this makes me really tired but I have to deal with it.

Wish you a lot of health and keep faith.

• Posted

Hi Mira

Sorry to hear of your struggles. It is normal to have anxiety when you are having so many health issues and feeling sick but try to focus on the positives and things that you can control.

To help manage your AS I recommend following an anti inflammatory diet. There is lots of research out there that suggests avoiding certain foods can reduce inflammation and pain. I personally did an elimination diet and have identified some foods that make my pain worse so I cut those out. I also take supplements and I'm looking into making brocolli sprouts and fermented foods to help heal the immune system. Seeking help from a nutritionist may be helpful to you.

Exercise is also crucial. It is so important I cannot emphasise that enough. I personally do yoga every day and I also see a physiotherapist regularly. My physiotherapist is also very passionate about diet and has helped me a lot in finding a diet that works for me.

For stress management and anxiety try listening to some mindfullness videos on YouTube especially as you are falling asleep and you could also take a herbal supplement like kalms night or Melissa dream to help stop your mind from racing. Sleep is important for your mind and physical health.

I have learned to put my energy into healing instead of focusing on worrying. Live for today. Enjoy the good days, laugh a lot, love and do whatever you can to help turn your health around.

Remember the body can heal. It is designed to heal itself. You need to give it the tools to do so. Good nutrition, eliminating food intolerances, supplementing (many people with AS are low in vitamin D and magnesium for example) exercise and reducing stress will all help bring about balance. It's a slow process and takes a long time but there is always hope. Remission can be achieved so focus on that and stay positive

Sending love ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.