I have been having this problem for two months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two months ago I took a morning after pill and the next day after I felt a very tight feeling around my hips and whole back. I have been tested and I have nothing. I also have stinging around the belly and I feel bruised and swollen everywhere. Could this be linked to gallbladder problems? I have gallbladder polyps one that is 7mm and other smaller polyps. The doctors saw mild diverticulitis. I am just so confused because it can be many things. I am seeing a surgeon on Monday and I am just so nervous. I have been home for most of my two months going from doctor to doctor..  Has anyone had a similar case? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

The conditions you already have may be the source of your problems.  It also sounds like you had a reaction to the morning after pill as well if you got symptoms the day after taking it.
    • Posted

Could it cause the gallbladder to react?
    • Posted

Different brands can cause different side effects.  Some common side effects include abdominal pain, pelvic pain , bleeding and nausea,  You will find a list of side effects on patient leaflet that comes with your tablets
    • Posted

If you have been taking the morning after pill regularly, you might have ongoing symptoms. Ask your doctor about your gallbladder.
    • Posted

Maybe it disturbed something.  Your doctor would be able to advise you on this as well as your gallbladder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.