I have been ill for a long time, no one can tell me why?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been ill for so long, I can't remember a day when I felt well. I'm currently diagnosed with NAFL (Non-alcoholcic Fatty Liver) which I take daily meds. I also have irritable bowel disease and my whole life I have suffered from prolonged constipation. Blind in right eye now, losing my sight in my left eye. I have cysts in the following areas: wrists, Thyroid, Liver, under chin and who knows where else. I'm truly exhausted, frequent nausea, lightheadedness, and sensitive to light. Today, I was given an antibiotic with potassium (frequent low levels) and prednisone, 3rd time since January. Consistent bronchitis and sinus infections I can't seem to get over.

Surgeries:

Appendix removed at 16

Hysterectomy at 28, due to cysts continually growing (to the size of grapefruits) and removal surgeries (3) within 2 years time.

Gall bladder removed at 38, neurotic.

42 tonsils removed due to frequent throat infections. My left tonsil was left with a gaping hole after I was diagnosed with mono the previous year.

Any rare disorders anyone can think of, or any diagnosis anyone can think of would be appreciated. I'm tired of being sick. Why can't anyone figure this out?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi danielle,

I don't have anything to add except maybe provide some kind of support. Alot of us on this forum suffer from unexplained symptoms and like you search for answers or at least one person that can share similarities. I hope that there is a person out there that can guide you in the right direction. Be strong and have faith.

• Posted

Have you ever tried going to a Functional Doctor?   They look for the root problem. 
  • Posted

Hi. Did the prednisone help? What are your blood test results like? Anything remarkable in esr or crp? And have they looked at ana? Why were the steroids prescribed? What has caused the sight loss?
    • Posted

The prednisone is a miracle and god send. I can't describe how wonderful, this morning I was able to cook breakfast, though I only eat a tiny meal a day. My blood results usually show triglyceride levels around 1800. My potassium is usually low, calcium can be too high or to low, vitamin d is usually low. I was on 50k units of vitamin d once per week for 8 weeks earlier this year. Doctors keep telling me I'm just depressed. No one can tell me why I'm losing my vision. They don't know. I went to Optomitrist, opthamologist wants to send me to an opthaneurologists. But I'm exhausted driving to all these appointments and ready to quit my job, they are ready to fire me anyways because I'm sick all the time. What's esr?

• Posted

Oh, I always have blood in my urine and high wbc. No one addresses.
    • Posted

It just sounds like auto immune disease doesn't it but what type that is the question. Do you suffer any ulceration at all?? Do you have uveitis? Have you had a diagnosis of the eye problem? Is it inflammatory?

• Posted

I think your right! Autoimmune, like possibly Lupus or something else, simply because each system is attacked. I had a bad cough since December and sinus infection. So the doctor prescribed prednisone with my 4th round of antibiotics. It could have been uveitis, although no culture was taken to confirm. I'm still on antibiotic eye drops. Ulcers- not that I am aware of, no one really has tested my kidneys. Just basic testing.

• Posted

Check out Auto immune systems, have test run for this , sounds like you have one with all the infections your having, hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.