I have been ill with intense nausea and some headache, fatigue and fever for a long time.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an aggresive stomach virus back in July of 2017. I never fully recovered from it, with my main symptoms being nausea and some fatigue. Months later, within the last two weeks, my condition worsened with intense nausea, pressure in the temples of my head and I now have fever. I've had blood work done, urine, stool, x-rays and ct scan of my head. Everything was clear. My only option is to see a gastrologist, but I have to wait another 2 weeks from now. It keeps getting worse every day. Does anyone have any experience with these symptoms or a similar situation?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

My friend, who is in a nursing home, complained of the same symptoms. Since she is in a nursing home, I don't get all the details or get to talk to her very often, but she said hers was "Chronic Fatigue syndrome, Cluster Headaches, and Lyme. I don't know what tests she had to determine this. Keep us posted, and I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi mgcurto

The pressure in your temples may be GC A...Giant Cell Arteritis.....ask your doc to test you for inflammation in the body..this would be an ESR blood test, a CRP blood test and ANA blood test.....the fatigue and temple pressure also fever could indicate PMR Polymyalgia Rheumatica......best wishes....

• Posted

Polymyalgia Rheumatica is connected with Giant Cell Arteritis......
  • Posted

HI mgcurto,

gastric my GP says is common. I would suggest you go for endoscopy. Have you done endoscopy to see stomach lining?

• Posted

Hi im janice, sounds like you need that , they will check youre stomach, see whats causing it, I have IBS, but its just naseau and constipation, and pain in my bowels, try not to get worked up too much youre nerves cause a lot of things, make you think youre worse, I would go back and see my doctor see if theres something he or she can give you, I take 2 different tablets for my stomach disorders, that keep me not too bad, I get naseau, it makes me get a fever, I come over really hot, youre naseau makes you like that, I would see youre doctor xxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.