I have been in fib now for about 48 hoursa

Posted , 2 users are following.

the longest I have been in is 6 hours. 

I am on pradaxa and toprolly and flecainide 50 mg twice daily as needed. Since I have been in so long the EP told me to increase the flecainide to 100mg twice daily hoping to convert me. I have had AF since 2009. Had an ablation. Worked ok  had a few af at first while healing. Did get rid of my PVC and Tachacardia, which I had had off an on since my 20's. No afib til 2012 and small Tia. That's when I was put on pradaxa. Previously only aspirin. No AF since then 2012.  Now started again. I sweat profoundly while having an attack. Maybe the flecainide. I'm Don't know. Sometime dizzy and nausea, overall feeling terrible. Some may be Anxiety, which is caused by AF. I'm afraid this may be perm.  If this high dose doesn't convert me  they dill do a conversion or something. I'm scared about the conversion and another ablation but that would be better than this. Im new on here and sorry about the babbling on, just so good to talk to people who understands

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tennessee, on one of my long afib episodes I was told that the maximum daily dose of Flecanide was 300mg a day. I have had to go up to 250 to stop the episode but it was comforting to know the max that I could take safely. look at your diet for triggers, write a journal so that you can clearly see. I take a calcium/magnesium dose daily and make sure I am hydrated and then I use a valsava manoeuvre which has helped. A doctor in A&E showed me. You can google it and find it in our medical journal in the UK. I am trying self help and it is working and giving me more control. Good luck
    • Posted

Thank u fo the info.  Did u have bad side effects?  Right now I am feeling pretty bad. I can't stand too long I feel weird with a slight headache. Yesterday before I took the extra 100 mg.  I felt pretty good or maybe the afib causing the feelings. This is my first time longer than 6 hours. Have u ever had a cinversion?
  • Posted

I have had cardioversion three times and ablation three times. The last one was six weeks ago. Been ok since the last one. Definitely headache and always feel weird during and after an episode. I hate the feeling so much that I always feel such total relief when I go back into rythym that I feel exhausted. This is not an easy thing to live with that is why I am doing every thing I can myself to keep episodes at bay. When I have had cardioversion I have been sedated and haven't known anything about it, rather that than the strong drugs.
    • Posted

thanks Judith. That helps. I still am somewhat scared. I just hope I'm not going to be in persistent afib. I don't think I can handle that. But I do plan on an ablation. I suppose anything is better than this. I am 63 and now about 80 lbs overweight. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.