I have been on a 3 month injection and no periods since.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on a 3 month injection from 29 April and i have not gotten my periods since only light spotting when i am supposed to get a period and it last for 5days... Is this normal?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I actually think it's normal to not have a period while on the shot. I'm not on the shot myself I have the Nexplanon implant but I do know people who are on the shot. Not having a period is a completely normal side effect as it all depends on your hormones, some people will still get the periods as others won't. I would also expect weight gain as with everyone I know who is on the shot has gained weight.

• Posted

Hi Thanks for the info... The weight gain i can totally agree with
  • Posted

Hey Hun,

It is perfectly normal,

I've been on the Depo for 7 years and not had a period at all.

Your gp or nurse should have told you that

• Posted

Hi

I was on the depo injection for 2 years.  After being on it 12 weeks or so I used to spot at random times so the nurse actually shortened my visits to 11 weeks.  I then had no bleeding at all, but then when I had a 2 year check up I was horrified to learn that the nurse was not supposed to administer the injection at any less than 12 weeks min, 14 weeks standard.  I also learned that long term use (over 2 years) can reduce bone density.  This also upset me as I had not been told this when I was recommended by the nurse to use it.  I wasn't in a realtionship by this time so decided to stop using it there and then.  The months that followed were painful.  I do not want to trouble you with details, as I imagine there are millions of women that are fine being on it and coming off of it.  But I can hand on heart say that I would never go back to the depo again, and wouldn't recommend it after my experience.  I am now chatting on here to people that use the copper coil.  I want to go hormone free! 

• Posted

thanks for the info.. I have also decided not to use that no more and it is very painfull when i am supposed to get my period it feels like i have a kidney infection... I have heard by a few people that they want to have it removed because they experiance lots of pain and get lots of mygrains. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.