I have been on a period for 10 weeks, should i be worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im jade

Feel silly doing this but dont seem to be getting any advice anywhere else i have been having a period for 10 weeks now and have been booked into have a smear twice this month but as the bleeding hasnt stopped i cant have the smear im 24 with 2 kids and we have family history of cervical cancer maybe im being silly and worrying for nothing and this is normal and happens to people but in all honesty i have always been regular and only ever on for 4 days or less this is draining me walking my child to school takes it out of me and i have backacke when i do anything im starting to feel my life and children are being effected now as im slacking in the house work department and playing with them ect i dont leave the house much either im not feeling down it just is energy i dont have at the minute i feel that because i cant have a smear at the minute im just getting left

Sorry about the long post

Thankyou for reading x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi it is possible you have uterine fibroids. They cause long term bleeding. Try to get in for a transvaginal ultrasound. They can do that through bleeding. Also you need to start taking iron pills to boost your hemoglobin back up. You're becoming anemic from the long term bleeding. Good luck keep us updated

-Tricia

• Posted

Hello she let me have a smear today even though im still bleeding she said results will come back in 2 weeks and she said i need to go back to the doctors monday morning first thing ?? Not sure why but atleast im getting somewhere now thankyou x
    • Posted

Hi that's good. She probably wants you to go to the doctor fir blood tests to check if you are anemic. Did they mention doing an ultrasound??

• Posted

No she didnt really mention alot she was the nurse i think doctor will say more she was lovely she just said we need to find out whats going on x i completely agree its abit heart breaking walking out knowing im still going to feel like this for even longer i want to be back to my normal self not just for me for my kids aswel x
  • Posted

hello jade i know its been years but wondering what the results were or how much longer did your period last

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.