I have been on bio identical harmones for eight years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 71 years old.

I  recently had saliva testing done and was told my estragen and progesterone was high and was told to stop using my harmony creams. After several days I began to feel just awful. My bones and muscles ache and my fingers feel like electric shocks are going threw them. I am also very tired and have to lay down several times throughout the day because I feel weak. I also have brain fog .Has anyone else had a similar experience and, if so, can you share what you did to help yourself feel better? Karen

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Karen, apparently your body adjusted nicely to the hormones all these years.  To stop HRT quickly would certainly cause these problems.  I'm not certain if you were having problems before and that's why you did some saliva testing, but I would think that your physician should have recommended tapering, not abruptly stopping.  

Hormones do provide a strengthening effect, so I'm sure this is why you feel so weak right now.  My suggestion is that you go back on your hormone therapy and taper slowly giving your body time to adjust to the lower levels.    

• Posted

Thank you gailannie for responding and I will do as you suggest. Karen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.