I have been on olanzapine for about 6 months. I suffer d...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on olanzapine for about 6 months. I suffer depression and BPD. I was put on a low dose to help try and control suicidality. On the whole I think it has worked fairly well, although I still have a few shaky moments. I've not really had too many side-effects, although even at the low dose I'm on I have noticed that I sometimes get very hungry and I have put on a bit of weight.

[i:2169cf128a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2169cf128a]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was taking two 10mg a day and put on 4 stone within 6 mths.You are constantly hungrey no matter what you eat.Not just fat but u look like ur pumped out.
    • Posted

I'm comfused, why is everyone trying to get off, it must be helping or n

​No medication should be used as a "Trial" that is frightening.I have never heard of such a thing.

​Take care

​anne

• Posted

tanx Anne is a horrible drug,it does work by dullin ur feelings n tats it.U pile on so much weight u cant even breath.I have to say it was g8t 4 a nites sleep but even tho i crave sleep and peace i wudn,t take it again.It,s like a junkie prescribed methadone
  • Posted

like so many things it's horses for courses. Some on here seem to hate this med but I am pleased with it so far although not been on it very long. I don't seem to have expereinced the weight gain (so far!) I changed to this from Quetiapine which suited me fine for years until I had weight loss surgery. Then I had several faints and felt very dizzy and unsteady. The dosage was quite high and spread over the day  but Olazapine is taken at night which I think has definitely helped. Time will tell though   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.