I have been on this med for about 2 weeks now .panic attacks,balance standing,and light headed does

Posted , 3 users are following.

Bad pill balance standing,light headed,and panic attacks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Raymond,

I had been on amlodipine for over 10 years. I'm very heath conscious so exercising has always been a daily part of my routine. When I first stated taking  amlodipine my ankles became swollen but because I was so active the swelling went away and did not return. As many users have mentioned, the side effects slowly take over so I did not realize that the pain under my left breast was radiating from near my stomach. Other symptoms I've experienced are, knotting in my lower and upper intestine, burning in stomach, neck/shoulder pain, burning in left arm, and in center of chest.  In fact, the pain cause my doctor to think it was my heart so I had a heart cath but there was no problem with my heart. I'm so thankful for this site because I have decided to stop taking the amlodipine and now I feel so much better. Most of the symptoms have subsided. My Doctor has prescribed 50 mg of losartan. I'm only taking 1/2 because I prefer to start on lower dose.  So far the smaller dose is working to control BP. 

• Posted

Had to go back to emergency room last night thought that I was going to pass out anyway they did nothing see doctor tomorrow,I have been taking vinegar and baking soda seems to keep BP down hope that's all I need.praying for me and you that the Spirit of hip leave our bodies in JESUS name Amen:-)

• Posted

raymond 17494, I was on this medication for almost a year and the feeling of being unbalanced and dizzy took over me to the point that I wasd super anxious and getting panic attacks.  I was feeling so horrible that it cause me to part to the shoulder when I drove and at work I worked like 4hours and the other 4 for sitting around trying to get myself together enough to be able and drive home again.  It was the worst feeling ever.  I went to the ER on two occasions and both times the Doctors in the ER thought I was in depression and needed a Psychatrist making me feel like I was crazy and making my own self sick.  We almost 3 weeks ago I was doing so bad that I didn't realize I did not take my pills for two days and when I did boom there I was even worst even holding on to walls.  Ended up in the ER again and again was told I should see a Psychiatrist and then I remember I had just taken the pill the night before.  I just decided maybe its the pill and stopped it and I must say BEST DECISION EVER!!! I am back to myself again... Thank God... consider changign that medication if possible for you trust me...

• Posted

Thank you for your prayers. Also,  praying you find your path to health and improved quality of life. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.