I have been on Xenical for 10 weeks now and have lost 2 ...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on Xenical for 10 weeks now and have lost 2 stone so far. I have had absolutely no side affects at all and am very pleased with the results the drug has given me. I use the scottish slimmers diet alongside Xenical and i eat loads of fruit and vegetables and low fat meals, i also drink around 3 litres of water/no added sugar diluted juice and have cut back from 8 coffees a day to two a day. I have went from a size 24 to a 20 which is fab i walk miles and miles every week when the doctor said to me about walking i thought aye right but infact it really works as you use all the muscles you would use on a work out. What i would say to someone who is going to use Xenical i would say focus totally on changing your diet because i feel focusing makes u feel you have control and willpower is another thing you have to have on your side because only you can control the way you eat. Finally i write everything down on my book each day so i know what i am eating and how many calories and fat i use each day i feel it helps me.Good Luck :D

[i:0db8a11906]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0db8a11906]

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

This comment has spurred me to try xenical. I have them from my doctor but have been a bit wary of starting them.. I hope they work for me as well as they have worked for you.:D

[i:c48e9f9e06]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c48e9f9e06]

• Posted

im on xenical tablets and its the best diet tablet ever. i have been on these tablets for 2 weeks now and i have lost 10lb already only 4lb off a stone which is excellant i was a size 22-24 dress size and now im a 22 top cause i have a big bust but im a 20 bottom which is excellant for me as i never stick to a diet. so who ever wants to go on it go and ask your doctor for this tablet.

[i:2a5adf5a24]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2a5adf5a24]

• Posted

I am about to start Orlistat. Weight won't go, even tho' I have been trying really hard as I have high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problem, chronic back problem so really need to get down in weight. I have started trawling through the low fat cookery books to make it more interesting to eat a meal without or with little fat!A bit nicer than just calorie controlled diet, to make me stick with it. I have IBS too so don't want any side effects, so must stick with the low fat side of things as you can imagine! Wish me luck, reading comments has spurred me on. Thanks.

[i:8d70902a34]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:8d70902a34]

• Posted

Hi

i am so glad to hear that you have not had any side effects, i have been on it for two weeks i did have to lose a stone before i got the pills, but in the two weeks i have lost another 4lb and really havnt had any side effects, unlike what others people had told me would happen, i was begining to thing that it wasnt working for me.

keep up the good work, :magic:

[i:ef5513503d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ef5513503d]

• Posted

Ive been on Xenical for 2 months and have had terrible side effects. Sometimes I have been eating the wrong things but even when I pass wind I've sometimes had an accident!!!!! Which is not good when your at work or when your out and about shopping! It's worse on a morning and I've also had some terrible abdominal pains. The weight has been coming off so I'm not too bothered but still. I think everybodys different as some people I speak to who've been on them eat totally healthily and they still have severe diarrhoea. :? [/b]
  • Posted

I have been on this drug 5 days and have had terrible upset stomach and had two accidents. Does it get any better, I have never been in a situation like this where I have no control
  • Posted

Hi Clare

I have been on orlistat/xenical for 10 days now. Side effects have not been too bad. I have some stomach pains and had to rush to a toilet quickly on a couple occasions, no real accidents as such. I have been really strict on what I eat though as I am worried about having an accident. I think I have lost some weight however cannot remember exactly what weight my doctor said I was in the first place. I am more inclined to think that I have lost weight because I have changed my eating habits in fear of the side effects more than the orlistat itself working but then if i wasn't on the orlistat i would i would not be eating so healthily.

I will see my dotor every month to be weighed so I will know at the end of September how much I have lost. Feel so much better in myself though probably because I am eating healthily.

Like Sarah22 said the side effects must differ from person to person. The discussion forum on the Xenical website is not working which is a shame as i wanted to see others experiences as i have never taken tablets to help me lose weight before.

I wish you luck that the side effects lessen and the weigh starts dropping off.

• Posted

I'm on my 9th week of xenical.. I started off at 13st 6lbs and I'm now 11st 11lbs (75kgs) I have had the oily stools and have had some Abdominal pain but not had any accidents (thank god) x x
  • Posted

I've never heard of this before. Is it prescription only?
  • Posted

Hi Kimberley I think it is only prescription, the tablets work like acai berry slimming tablets.. You have to have weigh in's every four weeks with your nurse at the doctors surgery
  • Posted

Hi, I was on Orlistat several years back and lost 2 stone quite easily but had a few side effects and decided to come off it. Im due at the Drs in 1/2 hour with a view to going back on them as I have 3 stone to lose and its causing issues with snoring so its been recommended by the ENT at the hospital that I try them again. fingers crossed I get them.

Its great to read theyre working for people with little side effects.

• Posted

Hi,

I had my 1st 4 week weigh in yesterday and have lost 19 pounds. I have had very few side effects apart from occasional oily poo especially on a Sunday when I have our family treat of McDonalds on a Saturday night for dinner. I eat well and the only time I feel hungry is late evening as I don't eat anything at all after my evening meal. I have increased excerise and walk the dog arounf 5 miles a day and my work is quite demanding and I would be on my feet most of the day.I expect the weight loss will slow down but am so pleased with the start I have had. Orlistat when used right most certainly help smile

• Posted

Hi Everyone!!!

I have had my first 4 week weigh in today and i have lost....... 14lbs!!!!!! I am overjoyed that i have had the results i so craved for all my hard work and determination. It really has given me the confidence and willpower i needed to loose weight. Long may the weight loss continue.

Good Luck Orlistat Users!!!

• Posted

Hi Everyone!!!

I have had my first 4 week weigh in today and i have lost....... 14lbs!!!!!! I am overjoyed that i have had the results i so craved for all my hard work and determination. It really has given me the confidence and willpower i needed to loose weight. Long may the weight loss continue.

Good Luck Orlistat Users!!!

• Posted

hi..i am wanting some recipe ideas and tips please, been talking this for 4 weeks and dont think i am eating enough fat for it to work properly, first weigh in is thursday, but i dont think it will be much...what would yu recommend eating???meat and veg?? i do cook all slimming world meals

any help would be great

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.