i have been on zopiclone for 11yrs i was told they wasnt...

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on zopiclone for 11yrs i was told they wasnt additive i now know they are i have had every bad symptom associated with them yet my doctors tell me now that it would be dangerous to come off them is there anyone else whos been on them for yrs.

[i:eceef42546]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:eceef42546]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i have been on them for ten years and if i do not have them i do not sleep, i used to take 2x7.5 mills at night and slept for 6 hrs, my doctors have changed and only let me have 3.75 mills so i have to take 3 a night, if i run out i do every month i worry i will not sleep, my doc tells me i must be worried about something if i can not sleep, the only thing i worry about is the fact i can not sleep. i have bought them off the net but they cost a fortune, yet in portugal you can but them over the counter for £4 for 28. i have tried over the counter sleeping pills but they made me feel ill i did not sleep and was drowesy the next day,i need my sleep so i will continue with them, i do not drink with them i fell fresh the next day, so what is the problem.:D

[i:fc0c826c9b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fc0c826c9b]

• Posted

I have been abusing cocaine alcohol and zopiclone! I have took up to 20 7.5mg a night after come and alcohol, I have just had two nights of coke and gone from 8 zops on average a night to 3, I need help with coming off zops, I know I am stupid abusing drugs but would appreciate advice, I have been on them for 6months and badly addicted, Please help thank you
  • Posted

I also have been on Zopiclone for over twelve years , as a none addictive drug to replace Temazepam . I started on a 3 - 25 m.g and after some years increased to a 7-5 tablet, about two tears ago I started taking one and a half a night to get to sleep.I find them excelent to get me off to sleep ,but have to wait 1 and a half hrs after taking the tablet to get to sleep, by that time it has started to mess with my head , but as soon as I hit the pillow i'm out for 3 or 4 hours then I wake and just doze wich is o.k....I have tried cutting down on the dose but get sweaty and shakey......just last week I saw in the Daily Express saying there was 50per cent chance of a heart attack if you take Zolpidem more than 60 tablets a year .anyone else heard anything about the z-hypnotics ? I'm on enough heart med's as it is and in my mid seventys but would like to last a bit longer lol
  • Posted

long term use of zopiclone is causing me to basicly sleep walk ,talk,carry on conversations that usually dont make any sence and i do things i would never do,even steel stupid things and i never remember any of it...Whats going on ????
  • Posted

I was repeatedly told by doctors that if I went cold turkey that I would be having fits. That has turned out to be totally untrue. I really do not think that doctors have a clue when it comes to getting people off this junk.

• Posted

Guest. As I mentioned elsewhere on the forum I have been on Zopiclone for 25 years prescribed like yourself as a non addictive sleeping pill, what a whopper that was!. I came off it 5 days ago and feel great. I am using 5mg Diazepam (Valium) as a buffer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.