I have been on Zoton Lansoprazole for 2 months but still...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been on Zoton Lansoprazole for 2 months but still have the problem of not heartburn but pressure across my chest and a feeling of something stuck in my throat which I can't clear without burping both before and after eating. Exersise doesn't cause me a problem in fact I feel much better until I feel hungry then the pressure builds up again so I eat and am back to square one. Sleeping doesn't seem to be a problem I feel better laid down. I am now trying to eliminate certain foods lets hope I can feel normal again soon!

[i:04a50a8ec8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:04a50a8ec8]

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try giving up all grains for a fortnight and see if there is a difference. I find wheat in particular gives me the feelings you describe.

[i:fe47a04f46]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fe47a04f46]

• Posted

Hi there I have the same feeling its been going on for 4 months now, I have lost so much weight from not eating, I have a constant pressure on my throat feeling like I cannot swallow and the chest pains I get are so uncomfortable! I have had numerous tests done and they can still find nothing wrong, did you get your problem sorted out if so what was it?

[i:ef9ec70a7b]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ef9ec70a7b]

• Posted

hi, ive just been for my first gastroscopy, i didnt tollerate it very well in fact it was a nightmare!sad

The consultant mentioned my age (just 50) and that i was at risk of barretts. This scared me very much, i too have had an uncomfortable feeling in my chest for a little while now so am waiting to go in hospital for further gastroscopy and biopsies.

[i:de87f5c65c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:de87f5c65c]

• Posted

hi,i have had acid reflux for sometime now my symtoms are just as above,i have had two gastroscopy ops.second one was a nightmare,only result is keep taking the lansoprazole,eating is a nightmare so i go all day sometimes which only makes you feel worse, maybe i will try cutting out the wheat see if it helps

good luck to all suffers linda-24/5/2006sad

[i:37d652183d]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:37d652183d]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.