I have been paranoid for the past week, please help me!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 22 year old male and I just came back from a holiday in Indonesia . I visited a massage parlor where I had unprotected oral sex and protected sex with one of the woman. BUT my condom slipped off and I was guessing that it slipped off when I was withdrawing as I ejaculated in the condom. I had a mild fever of 37.5-37.9 degrees 4-5 days after. Dry mouth and throat, mild diarrhea.( might be because of the fried food and chilli I've eaten) Also, I have been anxious throughout days and nights. Today is my 7th day post sexual encounter and i noticed my lymph nodes being swollen and tonsils starting to grow. ( I have been pressing on my neck using my fingers countless times during the days). And they might be a reason of my cold sweat ( but I do not have night sweat) I am currently waiting for 28 days to pass so as to run the 4th HIV test.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a clinic for a full screening for every STI? Xx
    • Posted

No i haven't. Intend to do that together with my HIV test. could these be signs of other STDs?
  • Posted

The "common" STIs are syphilis, herpes and gonorrhea

The symptoms - in short - are

syphilis  - a painless sore on the point of infection [usually the penis]

herpes - usually painful blisters again usually on penis

gonorrhea - pain on urination and a greenish-yellow discharge. If you do not have a discharge your urine will be cloudy though that is caused by other matters too

I doubt if anyone knows the likelihood of infection abroad but I would guess that you are worrying needlessly.  The best way to put your mind at rest is to go for an STI test and the sooner the better. The clinics are the experts and will be able to advise you.

• Posted

Best to get it all checked... I would say you defo have a std. As ti which I'm not certain bud x
  • Posted

Indonesia is a tropical country with all sorts of microbial nasties, you should get it checked out definitely, but as nothing you've described seems specific to you groin I'd say the liklihood is you've just caught a random illness
    • Posted

I consulted a docto . He said my lymph nodes aren't swollen and my fever went up to 37.8 but lasted less than a day. What random illness could it be?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.