I HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED THESE DIHYDROCODIENE 30MG TABS 2 ...

Posted , 25 users are following.

I HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED THESE DIHYDROCODIENE 30MG TABS 2 4XDAILY =8 A DAY,AS A RESULT OF SEVERAL MUSCULAR SKELETOL INJURIES SUSTAINED IN AN RTA MAY 1984. AT FIRST THEY WORKED AND AFTER A FEW MONTHS THE EFFECTS STARTED TO WEAR OFF, SYMPTOMS OF LOWER BACK PAIN IN THE KIDNEY AREA, SWEATS, HOT FLUSHES, MOOD SWINGS, TEMPER AND LEFT FEELING TOTALLY WORTHLESSS AND VERY IRRITABLE,I CANNOT FULLY DESCRIBE THE WITHDRAWLS YOU FEEL WHEN THEY WEAR OFF - CRUELTY IS MUCH A MILD DESCRIPTION MORE LIKE TORTURE.

I WAS UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO FIND OUT THAT I COULD AQUIRE MORE FROM VARIOUS SOURCES AND IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE 8 A DAY BECAME 30 A DAY JUST TO GET RID OFF THE PAIN AND WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS, THAT WAS ME OFFICIALLY A SELF CONFESSED DF118 DYHYDROCODIENE JUNKIE. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE IS ONLY TAKE THIS DRUG IF PRESCRIBED AND FOR LITTLE A PERIOD AS POSSIBLE BEFORE YOUR HOOKED. FLU SYMPTOM WITHDRAWLS DONT COME ANYWHERE NEAR IT. I CAN IMAGINE WHAT YOUR THINKING - IDIOT - FAIR ENOUGH, I WAS BUT YOU DO NOT THINK AT THE TIME YOU JUST BANG THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT 5 AT A TIME TO KILL PAIN,IT WORKED BUT AT 50P EACH ITS A BLOODY STRONG PAIN KILLER TO BUY ON THE STREET FOLKS AND BELIEVE ME IT HAPPENS AND THATS HOW DESPERATE YOU GET IN THE END ,ANYTHING TO SHIFT THE WITHDRAWLS KNOWN AS RATTLE TO SOME.

I AM NO JUNKIE I HAVE NEVER TAKING ANYTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE AND FEEL PERSONALLY CLASSED AS A PRESCRIPTION JUNKIE WHO HAS TAKEN THESE TABLETS IN GOODWILL FROM A GP NO WARNINGS OF ADDICTION GIVEN WHATSOEVER IN 1984,IVE BEEN DOWN THE ROAD TO HELL AND BACK CUTTING THIS DOWN TO 10 A DAY AT DEC2005 .A LONG HAUL AND ON REFLECTION IT WASNT WORTH IT.I AM NOW ON 10 A DAY AND CRAVE THEM AT EVERY GOTTEN MOMENT BUT I AM DETERMINED TO GET BACK TO 8 A DAY.IN THE END THE WHOLE MUSCULAR SKELETOL PAIN IS WORSE AS I AGED PLUS A DIHYDROCODIENE WITHDRAWL ON TOP SO HOW CAN ANY GP SAY THIS IS A GREAT PAINKILLER.8 A DAY WORKS WONDERS FOR FEW MONTHS, YOUR GP TELLS YOU 8 A DAY IS THE MAX DOSE YOU THEN GET SO DESPERATE WITH THE WITHDRAWLS YOU SEEK OTHER WAYS OF OBTAINING THEM, GET A HABIT, LOSE LOTS OF WEIGHT, DONT EAT, BECOME DEPRESSED AND ALL THE AFOREMENTIONED.ITS BLOODY CRIMINAL .

MY ADVICE IS DONT ACCEPT THEM LONG TERM GET OFF THEM AS QUICK AS YOU CAN AND SEEK OTHER ALTERNATIVES.I AM AN EX WRESTLER BY THE WAY WITH PLENTY COURAGE WILL AND STAMINA NEVER USED ANY OTHER DRUGS TO OVERCOME THIS EVIL DIHYDROCDIENE BUT WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM FOLKS WHO HAVE WEANED THEMSELVES OFF THIS EVIL TABLET AND HOW THEY DID IT.IVE CUT DOWN 1 PER WEEK TO GET TO THIS STAGE AND AS STATED GOT THE FULL ON MUSCULAR SKELETOL PAIN PLUS THE WITHDRAWLS. A PRESCRIPTION GONE WRONG IN MY EYES WHEN I END UP 6FT3 WEIGHT 10.5 STONES AND LOOKING LIKE I COULD HIDE BEHIND A LAMPOST AND NOT BE SEEN.THEY HAVE RUINED MY LIFE COMPLETELY AS IF THE HORRIFIC ROAD ACCIDENT DIDN,T DO ENOUGH TO ME. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, IVE HEARD FOLKS BEING PRESCRIBED METHADONE TO KICK THE HABIT SURELY THATS ONLY REPLACING ONE HABIT WITH ANOTHER AND I THOUGHT METHADONE WAS FOE HEROIN USERS AND THE LIKES? IN A WORLD LIVING IN SEVERE PAIN I SYMPATHISE WITH EVERYONE AND WISH THEM WELL BUT PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE TAKING THIS TABLET. ANY EXPERIENCES ON THIS TABLET AND HOW TO STOP THEM COMPLETELY WOULD BE MOST GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED sad

[i:88599a6e71]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:88599a6e71]

4 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi yes Christine I do know dyhydrocodeine I take it myself I do not abuse it

controlled drugs are morpheine methadone etc. some people find DH helps

them not everyone abuses it

ann

• Posted

Also Christine I don't think you should be telly people what they

should and shouldn't do its up to their GP also it depends on their 

personal situation this is here to help people if you are in pain and

suffering it's. not helpful to say all these drugs contains codeine are

bad I don't agree with people abusing these but they help a n awful

lot of people who are in pain AnnAnn

• Posted

Hi

very we'll written I think you are putting DHC down because you had issues with it.I can't believe you can buy it online though,I take 2x 120mg DHC plus 4x 30mg and 200mg of Tramadol per day I am however in extreme pain and without these I couldn't work or walk a day without them is sore however only my legs not withdrawals Codeine is a great pain killer could be worse could be morphine which I would never willingly take

• Posted

hi

which person are ru reffering to with your answer if its ann then she as got my replys to her all wrong as i havent called her an addict or any one else but merley trying to get it over it is a controlled drug if its me you were thanking then thank you and hope you take it betther than ann if you punch into google will find out this drug is a controlled drug it blantly tells you it is but there are different catograrys  relating to it one is for a mild cough medcine which children can take but thats not like ur on and please dont take this as im accuseing you either of been an addict its when you taking more than you should do and its gets out of hand.

i do hope you appreciate its common sence of how you take it and not to abuse it if you need it but your dr should monitor you as i have said and should be only took on a shor term basic then monitered and be reviwed  but i was only trying to tell the two people that you can get help with the methadone if you read up about it or go to a clinic for help to come of it that was not ment to be took in any bad way ann obviously wont have it i pointed out i feel sorry for ppl that have to get to the point when they have gone beyond helping them selfs but there is a way out of knowing there is help out there for them if they needed it

its supprised me as you say it can be bought of the net but how do they no its genuine or not i wouldnt trust buying any drug of the net especailly that it could have been tampered with or made up by some one just to make money out of it if you are in the uk or any were else its a class a B drug if took straight but not for the medicine as children can take it its only a minute amount in it that ive already said it is a controlled drug and other parts of the world except Japan we come on here to give advise not to pull ppl down for having there say when  advice is given by any one some times ppl get the wrong end of the stick as ann did with me i give up with her as i didn't want to fall out with her she as her views so do i. and yes i did have a bad experience with it if done through an IV drip its worse than tablet form you can die from too much in just a couple of shots of it and can only be given by a person thats Qualified .also im sorry you are having all the trouble with your pain i know just what it feels like the only reasom i cant take tramadol im allergic to it or i would take it myself plus im on warfrin so its hard for me as to what i can have. 

good luck hope you dont ever let it take over your life.

• Posted

Hi I just don't understand your reasoning you don't think DH is ok if

needed but you would take Tramadol if you could which is also a synthetic

opoid if you read Tramadol forums you would see Tramadol far harder to

give up than DH . You should realise some people need pain relief not

everyone abuses pain relief in whatever form. Everyone is different and we 

are all entitled to our opinions  Ann 

• Posted

Hi, I also forgot to say Christine I get my DH from my dr. I'm not taking any

at the moment as my pain is not so bad at present. You have to be joking

trying to get people who use DH to try methadone don't you know how

addictive that is. I have personal experience with drug addicts I dont

know what country your from but your advice isn't quite correct 

Ann 

• Posted

ann

no nither is yours correct by you by not reading my replys properly why dont you read what i put and not what you are trying to put me down for the person who wanted QUOTE the reply if Methodone was for heroin addicts but it isen't is given in a smaller dose so they do not get addicted to it not by me telling them they must take it as you keep saying. and you no that i not to take it on my account it was the adivce they asked about i gave the reply you jumped in

have i  asked any one to take what you are saying without first getting advise from a dr or clinic you no i havent asked any one to take it on my account

this is what i replyed with but not tryed to push any one its up to them least its done the right way

why dont you try to go and find a drug addiction clinic that will help or ask your GP to arrange to have you get the methedone from your pharmacy this as to be perscibed from a one of perscription till they are clean from it DH

also when they are addicted and suffer from IBS  this should not be used and your gp should never perscribed DH it can effect so many organs in yrs to come.

so how can you say ive pushed any one into doing some thing its up to wether that person wanting  help was for them not you i think you think there you having pain and i have as good as put you in the same catergory as them. and i havent used properly you dont need to be on anything if controlled properly by yourself then i suggest this stop now

and why you have chose to get at me for no one else as sent as many comments regarding this reply so why do you keeping going on and on

Dihydrocodeine is a Class B controlled drug under dangerous drug act  Schedule 2. Methedone can help you come of it choose what you say.read about in small doses will help the net will tell you as ive done.

christine.

• Posted

ann ru reading my replys properly to you let me ASK YOU  have i called you an addict NO Then reply to the question that was first asked regarding one needing help which they andmitted they thought Methedone was for Heroin addicts

i didnt reply to that TRUE or NOT i should have repled to that first by telling them Methedone can help read about that you will find im right i did say ask there dr for help to take either that or find a clinic to help them it is given in a smaller dose

The other about them owning up to been addicted did i reply to that NO but because they dont want to come of it Right

Have i mentioned any one taking Tramadol or what it can do NO   and how ppl can get addicted to it NO Seen The the question was nothing to do with Tramadol but of been addicted to DH regarding it Been A class B drug

YES I have merly said DH as you refer to it a controlled Drug sorry if you cant accept this then i dont know what your Problem is i Have Agreed to you and the other  if you have to take it by all means so long as its not been ABUSED to a point that dosent want to come of it and why are they referring it as a FIX cant come of it also when it involves loosing  there marrage, lost there child, job, and friends through this tablet it from there reply.

Dose this not tell you its an addicted drugh if not taken as prescribed this is what happens by taking to much when ones on popping  30 a day of it

and the other person finding other wasys of getting it is obvious its got out of control by that person thats how they nearly lost there life the dr will only give so many for a period of time having said that some just give you them without bothering to monitor ppl.

the the sooner you realise this is why its classed as a controlled drug the better to make sure there is no damage to other organs of the body as been done from getting addicted but by not having proper control over it that they find them elswere to make then high and dosent realise its through the amount they and extreme they have got them self into.so i hope this now clears your argument up read the second reply as said what its done to them.

as for me i Din't say i would take Tramadol i was only given it once it neary knocked me unconious and yes this is another bad drug to take but not every one can tolorate it there are alot of side effects to that as many other drugs but dosent come under the dangours drugs act as DH dose

. i do wish you could get it through im not calling any one a drug addict you are trying to get me to admit i called you one thats not true but was giving advise to some one else by taking methedone can help them if not by methedone there is other types of drugs that can also be prescribe to help them.

oh and by the way i don't no were ur from so your country might be one that dosen't class it as a controlled drug i do not advise any one to take methedone without the help of a qualified person as you keep trying to make out i have told them to without help which you no i havent but you trying to keep making an issue out of it

can i not give advise but you can would you let this drop once and for all im fed up of you accuseing me of one thing or another i have tryed my best with you i do not want to fall out with you so stop trying to twist everything round to try and show me up just to be heard by other ppl its not getting either of us any were you have had your say like myself .

then you come back fireing somthing else at me thats nothing to do with the Question that was asked over one thing you dont no if its the truth or not this site is not for bickering at each other but to help ppl you haven't listened or read what i have told you about i didnt come on here to cause trouble i no what im on about you have done nothing but get at me are you like this on your replys.

christine       

• Posted

ann press the oldest button under the reply to on the drop down menu click on the newest you will find how many other replys  you can see there nearly all have got addicted to these DH drugs enough for you to have a go at repling to them and see if they will take as much from you as i have had to.its obious you are in controll but they had no idea what they were going to end up like i said you need a break from them to stop ppl getting getting addicted they are a leathel drug worse than most other drugs are. worse than ora morph if youve heard of that one that is an opiod drug df118 can cause you to get high when taking too many over the stated dose

christine

• Posted

I would love to hear more of your story. Without people looking into this reply. See how you are doing now. If I can you can find me at samthompson17 at sky . c o m or add me on twitter samthompson_17. I got addicted to these due to a miscarriage was sent home. Said everything will come out. I could not get out of bed begged the maternity dr to do some tests a week later I was In hospital. I had bacteria in the heart valve. Kidney failure. Septic meaning my blood was vile I could not eat or drink ended up on a tube. I had to take painkillers even paracetomal by IV had wires out my arms and neck so they could get everything into me. Clots in my legs and lungs. I had ole bet wrong with me this is the basics. I would even poo tablets out within minutes. So everything had to be IV. You could tell it was tablets as I was pooing water until they realised I did not have a eating disorder which they accused me of and realised I was septic. I died 3 times in there eventually my maternity notes came back and they realised their brutal treatment that made my hair fall out was due to the sack being inside. When I went for a pregnancy test they reckon the baby was still dead then. As I was being sick 7-11 times a day not normal. They think the baby broke off and infected me then began to come out vaginally which then made me realise I lost it. Which by then my shortness of breath and not being able to walk should have alerted the jnr dr who I was told to actually sue by my own consultant. As they should listen to the panic in my voice I have never experienced pain like that before I was 19. I got boxes and boxes of df118s home after a 4 and a half month stay home did not seem like home for a while. About 500 and I was left with a heart that did not beat properly. To this day I was meant to be on that tablets for the rest of my life for my heart and back on them when she was born however I was told to abort as I got out dec 2005 my daughter was conceived the same month I said no. I did not go through all that. My partner supported me. And said she was heartbroken over the first did not have time to grieve. Only problem is I was addicted to the medication. I managed to get off it in time for her being born. She was born with the cord round her neck and not breathing but they got her back to us. There was many drs in the room. As they have never seen anyone survive what I did then being able to carry a baby and give birth but I decided I want another one and my partner recently told me he heard one of the drs whisper the baby or the mother is going to survive. I was losing loads of blood but I decided one is enough if that's the case. But the strains of being a new mother since she would not latch on anyway I was told she never would. So I had bottle fed her. So I went back to the painkillers mostly to get a sleep as well. As we took turns. I thought doing it 3 days and taking a break then 3 days and taking a break would do it but no. I quickly got addicted my dr reckons it's because my body recognised them. 

I managed to get off them again and I got a blood clot. My daughter now 8 in sept was ill 3 days running no sleep was on the laptop fell asleep for 12 hours in my room sitting up in my bed. I have a burn on my leg where it was my whole body was sore. Everything got better apart from the right leg. The same leg I had the blood clot in hospital. 

I have never touched a drug apart from prescribed ones until I started like you buying off the black market. I started taking them again the drs have no idea rge pain I am in. I am now on my 3rd 3 month treatment as this bloodclot would not go away. It's there all the time. It was not until I threatened my dr to sue her if she did not send me up in 2014 after months off my first meds. I said I will due you a apology if not but I know my body. I can't walk to the bus stop even though I drive going shopping is easier taking the bus for buying clothes because of the parking. So I got sent up and the blood clot they told me was healing was not. It was the same one. Now after 3 months of another rivaroxaban which scares me I'm on another. I would rather be on the heprin Injections which got rid of my blood clot in hospital so if this one does not help I'm asking for heparin. 

It's not like I am some junkie. Yes I am addicted I like you have went down from 30 to 18 this past week. Although the town I am in it's hard to get them off the streets although I have a guy looking I to it for me. I own my own ltd business. My household income working through oil business is nearly 90,000. Sometimes people get addicted. I have about a weeks left and I'm scared. If I can come down that much in a week I can come down more. Most of it is in my head. Although it is for the pain. And sometimes to forget about troubles as well. This is the only drug I have ever touched and if I had never gotten them during my stint I would not be on them today. I am even thinking of buying them off the internet. Which is scary. As you don't know what's in them. I don't know when you posted this post but I thought I would put my own story out there. It does nothing to me that makes me a bad mother or anything. Your still with it. It's not like how you see people out in the streets. It's just a drug you've become dependant on. My partner said if he thought in anyway I could not run the house or look after his daughter he would take her away and leave. So before you say you have a child it's not like that at all. All it does is give you a warm safe feeling to begin with until your fighting to be normal and wanting off them. 

• Posted

Hi how are you getting on with weaning off DHC? I need to come off them also every time I try I get my major restless leg syndrome at night it gets that bad my body thrashes about all night to the point I'm crying in pain and exhausted from not sleeping and that with only trying to come off taking one tablet a day. Any suggestions

Amanda x

• Posted

Dear Guest,

I feel very sorry for you, it must be terrible to find you are addicted to anything. This just shows how different are body chemistries can be. I am Dihydrocoeine 30mg but I can stop it any time I like, just as I can Pregabalin or Clonazapam. I find these substances very useful and never feel the need to take more than the GP prescribes. I am very pleased to be living in 2015 rather than fifty or sixty years ago when these drugs simply would not have been available. Pain is much easier to manage today. Thank god for the NHS.

Best regards

Bob.

• Posted

i am in exactly the same boat, and i can say that they have cost me everything. 28 year relationship, 3 children and well paid job. the withdraw is beyond words really but all i know is that i would do just about anything to get some. i hate them, they have enveloped my whole life. please trust me, steer clear.
  • Posted

i cant beleive people acctually take 30 of these tablets a day that is insane i have been on them for over 1 year and i dont take any more than 4 a day and i suffer from slipped discs and gaulbladder pain ,i would never take even 8 a day never mind 30 a day thats crazy
  • Posted

i started taking the same amount as you i now take up to 2100mg per day... yes! 70 tablets. and the sad fact is they are having no effect. they have ruined my life completely.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.