I have been prescribed zopiclone for the past year as I ...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been prescribed zopiclone for the past year as I suffer from A frozen shoulder and sometimes am in a lot of pain.

I hate the mettalic taste that seems to last forever in your mouth, but I cannot sleep without them.

I worry about addiction to these tablets although it states these are a non addictive type of sleeping pill,I have tried and FAILED to come off these, surely that means that they must be addictive!!!

Has anyone else had this problem?

[i:174a061457]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:174a061457]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking these for a couple of years, 7.5mg, for me they are 100% addictive, I travel a lot and find that if I have forgotten to put them in my overnight bag that sleep is almost impossible, wonder if anyone else experiences the same, incidentally, sometimes at weekends I take 1.5 tablets and sleep like log!, I would not advise that you try it though.

[i:df146ba09a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:df146ba09a]

• Posted

I have been taking this drug for over 4 years after been diagnosed as having postnatal depression to go on to clinical depression and can tell you they are addictive! I have tried to come off them lots of time but the withdrawal symptoms are so bad, panic attacks, nausea, headaches, muscle weakness, and of course no sleep! I really wish I never took this medication to start with but at the time I had just had a baby, lost my mum and my marriage was a nitemare, just wish I had been warned of the probs it would cause longterm.

[i:4d9b592b0e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4d9b592b0e]

• Posted

i have been on zoppys for the last 7yrs and tried many time to stop taking them and i know they are very,very addictive,

i was a heroin addict for 10 yrs and that was easy to come of compared to theese shitey things. I hope you dont have the side effects that i have suffered trying to stop using them.

All the best....:headhurts::ill::yikes::roll:

[i:bc8e79930a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:bc8e79930a]

• Posted

when not taking any of the zopiclone which i started when my husband workied nights did any of you suffer diziness or fainting feelings as if you would pass out nearly as well as awfull dreads, taking these awfull tablets, it would help if you could let me know.

thankyou

Lizzie

[i:f54e050ad0]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f54e050ad0]

• Posted

i have been on slepping tablets 4 ,3years now and they are very addictive i just take them for the bizz i get off them , i was takein 3 night then i cut it down two 2 then 1 and half ,but i stilo need them ever night,:yikes:::shock:

[i:fc8e906f25]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fc8e906f25]

• Posted

Extremely addictive as myself and my dad has experienced. These are evil meds by far.Depression set in about 6 months after begiinning them, suicidal thought anxiety etc.These are bad stuff. I have started down dowsing from 1 7.5 to half a night (last night)dec02/06 Iplan to slowly get off of these things soon.. will update later.And they sure advertise these little beatuies on tv all the time here in Canada anywyas..good luck all.. Scott

[i:fc9a38c16a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fc9a38c16a]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.